Thread: router's signal does not have enough strength when it gets my laptop's wireless card

thosecars82 Guest

router's signal does not have enough strength when it gets my laptop's wireless card

Hello there
    I have this problem. The signal of my router does not get long enough to get my wireless card in my laptop on the other part of the house. That is why I am thinking about the choices that I know:
    buying either an access point or a really long antena to replace the current router's antena, or a router with Wireless Distribution System (WDS) which would work eventually as an access point.

Do you know which one of these choices might really solve the problem for the cheapest price? Do you know the pros and cons of each of these choices?
    Thanks

Re: router's signal does not have enough strength when it gets my laptop's wireless card

I will recommend you Wireless Distribution System. This is the another possibility to improve the power of your Wi-Fi at a lower cost. The Wireless Repeating is to use an access point with a specific mode, which allows the same channel to relay the data sent by other devices wireless repeater This means that one allows to significantly increase the coverage of a wireless network. This might cost you but a long run benefit. But for your first option you might need to work more on maintenance.