Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-09-2010

USB 2.0 vs. CD-R vs. DVD-R Read and Write Speed

I am using an windows 7 operating system and the Intel core 2 duo as its processor. I am using this from last one year and it is serving me the best of my till now. But i am confused in three hardware devices that which one is the faster and which has the highest read write speed. here i am comparing the USB 2.0 vs. CD-R vs. DVD-R. Can any one tell me that which one is the best in the business .
Old 24-09-2010

Re: USB 2.0 vs. CD-R vs. DVD-R Read and Write Speed

I believe that the USB is a lot faster in the present world situation and more versatile also, As mentioned by you that you have a lot better configuration and also it has cd/dvd with it, But when i use USB it gives me a lot faster access than the others and if i face any problem or if there is any thing wrong regarding the USB then i just unplug it and then just format it and then there will be no harm to your system. The usb drive is easy to carry and handle the data traveling rate is also faster than others.
Old 24-09-2010

The CD-R is the prepessed compact. In this disk we can have the data to be accessed but we can write data to it . It is mostly used to storage of the data and also the playable of music. These disk was first introduced by SONY and then by PHILIPS. This is popularly used to distribute the computer software in it. So in short the disk is the short storage space but the primary one and it is slow as compared to the others.
Old 24-09-2010

It seems to me that the three devices that you have mentioned all of these are available with you and you are the best one to decide that which one is proper one for your system. But still i would like to tell you something about the DVD-R. The DVD-R is nothing but the digital video disk which is an optical disk storage media. This is used for the disk storage that is nothing but data storage. The DVD-R was first invented by SONY, PHILIPS, and TOSHIBA. It is mainly used for video and music storage.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , ,