Thread: Here is a common device: HP color laserJet 2605dn

Here is a common device: HP color laserJet 2605dn

My HP color laserJet 2605dn is not detected by windows 7. The complete scenario is that when i plug it to USB port, it make some plugging sound but any thing is not detected. I try to Add device from control panel but it neither works. When i plug out it again make same sound. When trying to install driver from my CD, setup does not recognize the OS and it shut down the installer. I did not find any driver on window site for printer. If you know any driver please inform me.

Re: Here is a common device: HP color laserJet 2605dn

You are not getting the driver for your printer. Just click the below link to download the driver for your HP color laserJet.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2093
    Download the driver and software from this link. Try to install it if it wont get installed then it will ask you if you want windows to try. select yes. then the windows will innstall the driver for you automatically.

For most of the devices in general (USB printer) there is note in the driver installer that clearly states that "Do not plug In the printer Until the installer tells You to!" software must be installed first before the printer can be seen. so first install the driver and then connect the printer. Most of the Hp CD's stil do not have driver for Windows. So you can visit to HP site and download the driver for windows 7.

Even i had the same problem with my HP Color Laser Jet 2605dn. Then i download the driver from HP site but it does not do any good thing for me. Below is the simple technique i use to resolve it. In win7 Just go to "Devices and Printers" and select "Add Printer". select your HP printer and navigate to "Color Laser Jet 2700". Install this driver and try to print the test page. This driver is working fine for me. The printer is also prints in color. Hope this helps.

I need to setup HP Color LaserJet 2605dn printer on a Windows 2008 server. I want the server to act as a print server but I am not getting any driver to load this. When I point to the INF file it says it is not for that printer. I got generic 32bit Os but it even shows same thing. Any suggestion what I am doing wrong. Do you guys have any solution for it please reply soon I need it urgently.

The same problem is happen with me also but it get fix by windows 7 . What I did I just run the driver setup under compatibility mode. Click the right button of mouse over the executable and choose "Troubleshot compatibility". The window 7 automatically fix the compatibility issue for my driver.