Thread: Audio controller is not working on my system

Audio controller is not working on my system

I was having windows XP installed in my system. I formatted my system and installed windows vista. After installing the vista my sound is not working. I am able to see a yellow question mark near to the multimedia device, when i go to the device manager. What should i do now for making it work? I am urgently in need of the help. Send me your reply as early as possible.

Re: Audio controller is not working on my system

According to me there might be problem in your device driver. You will need to download a device driver and need to install it. After the installation is completed you restart you system and then check the sound in the system. All your problems will be solved and your audio controller will work properly. If still require more help then reply me back.

The same issue is even faced by me. I am having no idea about the sound card i.e. which sound card i am using. I tried out downloading many things but it is not working. I am unable to find the driver, as i don't know which sound card i am having. I do not hear any sound in my system. Anyone having knowledge about this topic, please provide me the useful help.

You definitely try this out it might solve your issue. First go to the device manager-------> right click on yellow question mark near the multimedia audio controller, i think there is a option to download the driver from the internet. If you are having the internet connection on your computer then allow it to download and after it gets downloaded install it. If not having the internet connection then get it from other sources. Hope it solve your problem.

I think there is no audio driver installed on your system. So you will need to install an audio driver. Download a fresh copy of audio driver or you might have got a CD of audio driver with your mother board. Insert the CD and follow the instructions. After completing the installation restart your system. Now check the sound in your computer, you will be able to hear a sound.

What i think is that, you need to format your PC and install again the windows operating system. Now you also install your audio driver. If this is not helping in solving your issue then you need to tell the brand and the model of your computer or if your computer is assembled one then the model no of your motherboard.

I feel that there is problem with your audio driver. Either you audio driver might not be properly installed or your driver might be corrupted. So look for a good driver or download it from the internet. After installing this driver you will be done. All those who are facing the same problem must go through these instructions which i have written in this reply.