Thread: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family - WDDM 1.1

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family - WDDM 1.1

I wants application for my windows 7 phone which I connect to my laptop and also like to develop one application for it. I have laptop running Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset in it. I wanted to know if it will work with WDDM 1.1 driver and is it the latest one to have or I can go for some other .so I can have it in my laptop?

Re: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family - WDDM 1.1

You are using The Mobile Intel 965 Express Chip-set Family on your laptop which is the popular video card which are used on computers.As per my knowledge WDDM 1.1 driver which is windows display driver will support in your laptop which has Mobile Intel 965 Express chip-set Family. So you can try it which will resolve your issue.

As per my knowledge the later version of this driver in market and with users is 8.17.12.5896 you may check out if they have any new version launch which you can use in your laptop. WDDM 1.1 driver will work with your laptop with the chipset you are using. So you can go for it and also learn to develop the application for your windows 7 phone.

You can install windows display driver i.e. WDDM 1.1 driver which latest version as of now from official website of the official company website.They will provide you with the latest version of WDDM if any otherwise you can download as you require from website for free. So I suggest you to just go to official site to get the information on WDDM 1.1 driver.

Other thing you can do is to go for windows 7 as operating system which might solve the problem. WDDM is the graphic driver architecture for video card drivers running Microsoft Windows. WDDM drivers enable new functionality which were not properly provided by earlier display driver models If it is not working with your operating system then go for windows 7 which might your problem. This will also help you to learn how to develop applications for windows 7 mobile

Windows 7 supports major additions to WDDM which is known as WDDM 1.1 it is latest version of WDDM have features like Optional decoding of encrypted video content. It also Support multiple drivers in a multi-adapter and multi-monitor setup and because of Hardware acceleration of GDI and direct write operation memory footprints are reduced. The future version of WDDM 2.0 which will be launch in a while.

WDDM 1.1 provide features like :
    1.Virtualized video memory – memory to be page out and video memory to the virtualized.
    2.Scheduling – It manages scheduling of all concurrent graphics process running in system.
    3.Cross-process sharing of Direct3D surfaces - WDDM driver hangs when it face any fault, the graphics stack and restart the driver.
    So you can surely go for it.