Thread: Do SATA USB enclosures have capacity limitations ?

Do SATA USB enclosures have capacity limitations ?

I know that the PATA hard drives has some limitations above which they cannot go like maximum limit for PATA is 250 Gb. I want to know that is there any such limitation on the SATA drives? I think there wont be any kind of limitations but still there would be some kind of condition stopping it to explore its size easily. What you guys say?

Re: Do SATA USB enclosures have capacity limitations ?

I think there wont be any limit upon the SATA drives but the problem would be with the motherboard which wont be supporting for the large capacity of SATA drive. There are many 1 TB SATA drives, and i guess 1 terabyte is huge capacity. According to me there would be more possibility to increase its size but i do not have any idea above this.

WD Scorpio Blue - The storage capacity of disk drives with a small form factor of 2.5 has crept into an area that recently was thought to be impossible : Any up to 1 TB for mobile storage .* whether they are in an external drive or a notebook, the WD Scorpio Blue SATA drives continue to provide the highest capacity for space- operating with plenty of space for photos, music and video.

WD Caviar Green - The storage capacity of up to 2 TB offer the largest available capacity for storage applications and operating systems with high memory requirements , such as Windows Vista. This leaves enough left over for photos, music and video. With a WD Caviar Green drive , the coolest and quietest drive in its class , for manufacturers of external drives eliminates the need for a fan in products with high storage capacity .

The Apple Drive Module ( ADM) is a hot -pluggable hard drive that allows , thanks to a special drive carrier one easy extension and maintenance of the server. This 2 TB Serial ATA Apple Drive Module works with 7,200 RPM and is equipped with 32MB disk cache. Serial ATA Apple Drive Modules are designed for uninterrupted use in servers and are ideal for users who want a high capacity disk drives and memory performance.

The HDD series offers the Seagate ES Constellation in the three capacity classes 500, 1000 and 2000 GB. Intended for server 3.5- inch hard drive delivers Seagate optionally with SAS or SATA -600 -300 port , the SAS version works with an automatic encryption function. To test replaces the SATA drive Constellation ES 2 TB ST32000644NS . The 2 -terabyte hard drive for 24- hour operation designed , works with 7200 revolutions per minute and buffers requests in a lavishly sized , 64 -MB cache. The reliability of the Hard drive To underline , the manufacturer provides generous five year warranty.

The rapid pace of Constellation Seagate ES 2 TB is at the expense of power consumption, which already amounted to almost 7 watts at idle and under load soared to almost 10 watts . The operating volume of the server's hard drive was still acceptable - audible but not annoying. The temperature was in order, under load just the critical limit of 50 degrees Celsius crossed .