Thread: Raw Materials needed for a CPU

Raw Materials needed for a CPU

I am looking forward to outline what raw materials would be required for making an Intel CPU. Apparently there is Silicon but does anybody know where I could get this information? At the conclusion, I guess have to stumble on an Intel's main suppliers of raw materials for their CPU's. My presumption is if I can locate the raw materials necessary for it then I will have a superior possibility of finding the suppliers.

Re: Raw Materials needed for a CPU

Are you asking about making the motherboard by attaching the processor and some more chips on a blank board. I guess you have to learn about the desings of chips which comes under the degree of electronics. Anyway, You might not be interested in studying the whole degree but let me suggest you to google a bit more by which you may find out that how CPU can be made. Go to the "How stuff works" website where you can find out about anything.

I have seen my motherboard many times and i just do not get it as what has been done on this board which gives me this much support to connect to the whole world. Anyway but at least i know that there are so much of soldering of silicon metal which is very much needed to make a contact with all the small devices such as diods and ICs chips and etc.

I think the CPUs are not so easy to make due to which only companies like Intel are making it and they show their proud feeling that they have made such things which let world run faster then anything. But it is possible to make a good motherboard by attaching all the best part on it. But then too, circuits on the motherboard is a thing on which parts compatibility depends.

Though I don’t have any idea about how motherboard can be made or how to repair them but I know that you should be having knowledge about the circuits on the board in order to make working motherboard. And metals used in the motherboards are Silicon which is most basic material to connect small electronic circuits. Plastic and cooper wires for electricity supply and for some other important uses.

As per my knowledge, materials used in making of CPUs are Silicon, Copper, Germanium, Silver, Insulators, Tin, Lead etc. I guess this all materials are very much important to make a perfect CPU as they are all the metals and has their own special properties due to which they are used to make such small but powerful thing. Insulators are also needed in creation process. Some glass too is used.