Thread: Not able to view my CD-ROM/ DVD DRIVE

Not able to view my CD-ROM/ DVD DRIVE

Hi,
    There is problem in my computer. My computer is recently being formatted and i have installed the windows XP operating system in my computer. Now after installing this i am unable to view my CD-ROM/DVD drive. I am having no ideas regarding this issue. Anyone is having knowledge regarding this topic please help me out. I am looking for your reply.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Not able to view my CD-ROM/ DVD DRIVE

You need to restart the computer ,after restarting the PC go to the start-------->control panel--------->device manager------->in the dvd/cd drives open + and check for yellow caution triangle icon--------->right click on it and delete, now close the window. Again go to the start -------->run------->type the command regedit and press OK. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE open .Now on the control open, on the CLASS open and look for the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE and click on this. Now look at the screen on the right for the "lower filters" and go to top-left of it and right click on the edit option and delete. Follow the same for the Upper filters. After that restart the computer. You will be able to solve the problem.

hello,
    i have a windows vista installed on my system. I even have faced the same problem .I have followed all the instruction given in the above reply .I have tried all the things with the Upper Filter and Lower Filters and it had worked fine for me. So i will suggest to try this solution to all those who are facing this problem. It is good one.

Even i have tried out your solution .I have removed the upper filter several times, but it keep coming back every time. Initially i was not facing this problem ,but when I installed Norton 360 i started facing this problem .I have talked with the Norton people ,but they are not taking the responsibility on them ,instead they are blaming it to the Microsoft. Norton has sent the solution, but it is not working out for me.Please help me !
    Last edited by SpearMan; 20-09-2010 at 10:28 PM.

After removing the upper filter and lower filters and deleting the device my problem was solved .For this i thank a lot. I am having Windows vista installed on my PC and was having Norton anti-virus. Due to Norton my CD driver was being disabled. After that i removed the Norton and installed the McAfee. Now it is working quite well. Anyone having problem with Norton try it.

I have Norton 360 installed from a cd-rom, but somehow i lost my two drives of the Norton and my drivers were not working properly. After that i completely uninstalled the Norton 360.I downloaded the fresh copy of Norton test-version and made its installation .My computer is working fine and even all my drivers are visible and working fine.

Hello,
    There is Windows Vista installed in my computer. Today i made installation for Norton 360 and after installation suddenly my DVD/CD drive get disappeared. I made all the try posted above, but does not seem to help me out. I am not able to see any upper filter or lower filters listed there. I am not understanding out there. Can anyone help me?

I have tried the solution for upper dvd/cd drive. I have get the "under dvd/cd drives open + and while i am looking for the yellow caution triangle icon, there is one problem. There is no option under the dvd/cd drives available to select. What should i do now?, should i try go for the another solution or wait for your reply?