Thread: Having problem with my one speaker

Having problem with my one speaker

Hello,
    I am having a pair of speakers.I am also having a laptop to work on .When i connect my both the speakers to the laptop,only my one speaker work and other does not .Can any one tell me why i am facing this problem ?I am having windows XP installed on my system.Give me some advice ,so that i can use my both the speakers .

Re: Having problem with my one speaker

Having the same problem in my windows 7.You can fix it by going to the control panel ,then to the audio device .In the audio device double click on my speakers and then going to the "Advanced" tab. You will need to make your setting as the Default Format which is the highest setting.You can now select the level which works fine for you.

For this what you need to do is just go to Controlpanel>>>hardware and sound>>>manage audio>>>double click on speaker>>>check the balance control.>>>I t should be set to 100% for both the speakers>>>click configure >>>test the speaker.If this solution seems to be not working for you then you may have either a bad plug or one bad speaker.I will suggest you to test your speaker on other system.

I would like to give you some solution on this problem.Make sure that you have plugged your speakers into the black port on the back.Then open your device manager and when the speaker config pops up make sure front speaker is checked and it works.after this you will be able to see a digital o/p at the top. Make this digital output as the default device .Now you will have sound in your both the speakers.

This problem was faced by me both on windows as well as Linux. My sound card was using High-Definition Multimedia Interface output. You need to switch from High-Definition Multimedia Interface output to SPDIF. In the VIA HD audio deck, under SPDIF tab below there is check box stating enable HDMI output. You just need to click on it and switch over to SPDIF. It will work for you .If you still need further help then reply me back.