Thread: Upgrade Hard Drive on the T5010

Upgrade Hard Drive on the T5010

When I acquire my T5010 Lifebook from Fujitsu, I pre-arranged the lowest probable hard drive by means of hopes of being capable to replace it by means of a superior one from Newegg. The tablet came, worked similar to a dream, etc. On the other hand, I had by no means replaced a laptop hard drive previous to, so I looked for tutorials on the internet and came transversely this site. Sadly, I might not locate several tutorials for replacing the hard drive of a T5010, presumably for the reason that of its recent introduction.

Re: Upgrade Hard Drive on the T5010

Accurate me if I am incorrect, additional than cannot you immediately eliminate the part by means of the Windows Keys on it. I be familiar with on the T2010 that part is detachable for easier have right of entry to the HDD, I do not be familiar with why they would create it less convenient on the newer models. I desire it were that easy that's what I originally tried, additional than there are no screws that determine to open that "panel" in fact, it is not even a panel, it's part of the entire bottom panel (as you be able to observe, it is tranquil in place subsequent to the entire of the screws have been removed).

It's essentially moderately irksome in view of the fact that I cannot seem to install XP tablet edition on the innovative drive it constantly does a BSOD subsequent to it says "starting windows" and gives me a number of 0x0000007b error or something. And in view of the fact that I might not get XP running, I replaced the innovative HD by means of the old one, and it worked, and then replaced the old by means of the innovative the entire in excess of again tranquil didn't work. Anyway, it looks similar to it determine to let me install Vista (odd) so I determine to try installing that and then erasing then replacing it by means of XP.

I was capable to install Windows Vista Tablet Edition on the innovative hard drive, additional than for some reason, it tranquil would not let me install Windows XP Tablet Edition it gives me a BSOD subsequent to working with from side to side its processes and saying "Starting Windows" along the gray bar. I have read the sticky on HDD upgrading and a number of the recommendations on model/size, and consideration I would start an updated to hear which notebook hard drives are presently the most excellent on the market.

I basically live on my T5010, so constant that is not out of the query. It is $425 almost certainly pushing it a bit although; I would to be expected opt for the higher-capacity 7200 for at present and wait for SSD prices to come down a bit additional. Right, I be able to handle the OS and drivers. Immediately necessitate doing additional research on 64-bit OS to locate out whether compatibility might be an tribulations for me (moreover by means of my own software or sharing/networking by means of additional PCs that run 32-bit).

Well, as 64-bit user I be able to tell you extremely a small number of programs are incapable to run, even although they are 32 bit. I consider the merely two I have come across in my usage that were not capable to work were GMER and Sandboxie, immediately for the reason that they necessitate such low level access that is not obtainable in 64-bit. That said, Sandboxie has at present been updated to contain almost the entire of its functionality for 64-bit.

I am sticking by means of my 320GB 7200rpm drive. I have encompassed heard that the 500GB 7200rpm drives (from the entire manufactures) encompass a high failure rate even though that might have been cleared up at present. I suggest that you wait for a small number of months until the end of the year as by that time the innovative Intel gen 3 drives be supposed to be out. They be supposed to be a bit faster other than quite a lot cheaper. The dissimilarity is the type of flash memory used (G1 - 50nm, G2 - 34nm, G3 - 25nm).