Thread: best PC configuration for mechanical softwares like hypermesh abaqus analysis and Pro-E

best PC configuration for mechanical softwares like hypermesh abaqus analysis and Pro-E

Looking to buy an desktop pc to run the softwares like hypermesh abaqus analysis and Pro-E. I want to know which PC configuratio I should go for better performance and low price investment.

Re: best PC configuration for mechanical softwares like hypermesh abaqus analysis and Pro-E

The software for which you are talking about are one the best in 3D modeling for CNC machine support. Now it depends on the way of use. Like if you are going to design molds in them then a dual core system with a graphic card is enough. But if you are going to buy a new one then I will recommend you the following configuration :
    • Intel Core i3
    • 2GB of Minimum DDR3 RAM
    • 500GB HDD

This system does need a graphic card support. And if you want to go for some low end configuration then go for
    • Dual Core CPU
    • 4 GB RAM Minimum
    • 500GB HDD ( You can go for lower also )
    • 1GB Graphic card

Re: best PC configuration for mechanical softwares like hypermesh abaqus analysis and Pro-E

Thanks MAC,

I decided to go for the below configuration;

•Intel Core i3 540 3.06 GHZ
    •4GB of Minimum DDR3 RAM [ZION]
    •500GB HDD

But I am confused about the Graphics card; PCI-E vs AGP vs PCI
    which one of the above to go for?

Please let me know your suggestion.

Thanks,
    Shiva

Basically if you are using Core i3 then you have to anyhow add Intel DH55TC motherboard. This board is really powerful with a good video memory where you does need to put any graphic card. I had my self the same system and I found the board is also equipped with DVI and HDMI output. So no need of a tv tuner or graphic card. If still you want to improve your system performance then go for PCI-E cards. They are cost effective and nice. PCI and AGP are not older versions.