Thread: How do i work my audio output device in compaq

How do i work my audio output device in compaq

Hi,
    I have a Compaq presario f700 notebook and having windows vista operating system installed on my system.I have the problem with my audio output device,it is not working on my notebook.I have tried it out many solution but not able to succeed in solving the problem.So if any one is having knowledge about the topic please help me out.

Re: How do i work my audio output device in compaq

If you are able to see the small sound icon on the System tray then it is fine for ,If not the you need to try out the following things.First go to the control panel and click on the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon.After that see that the place volume icon in the task-bar is checked.If the option is not available then go to the next section .If you able to check the box then click on the OK button and after that close out the window.Now you can double click on the sound icon and see to it that all the volumes are on the midways.

You need to check your windows services.
    1-Right click on the my computer------->Services and Application ------->Services--------->Windows Audio--------->Windows Audio.
    After done with that you now do the following-
    2-control panel ------>device manager------>list of installed hardware will be shown.You need to look for anything with an exclamation mark beside it, or to do with sound.If you found any thing then------>right click it and check it isn't disabled------->Properties------->Update driver--->you can check your sound card information.

The same kind of problem was faced by me in my laptop .I have tried out a solution for this Click on to the start menu and click on the run .Inside the run type the command dxdiag and pres enter.Now you need to click on the sound tab because there is a direct button for testing the sound.Click on it and see whether there is a sound .It had worked for me hope it it also might work for you.

It had worked for me so you also try it out.Go into the BIOS and in the BIOS go in the Advanced option and look for the option that might be 1 from the following-I/O Device Configuration,On-board Sound, Audio, Audio Code,On-board Audio, On-board Audio Options.Make sure that the option you get is enabled.After this press F10 fey and then press 'Y' key for saving the settings.You also check out that mute option is not selected in the Sounds and Audio Devices option inside the control panel.

I think there might be problem with your driver.You try out reinstalling your driver.I am providing you the website from where you can download the driver click here -http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us.You first need to install the chipset driver and then you can install audio drivers..If still you are not solved with problem then update the BIOS in your system