Thread: Does Intel X25-E Extreme support TRIM in Windows 7?

Does Intel X25-E Extreme support TRIM in Windows 7?

I am having Series X25-E Extreme and the model number is SSDSA2SH064G1. I know this is the novice level question but I want to know that this Series X25-E Extreme have the support for the TRIM with the latest firmware in windows 7 operating system. If you have any other related suggestions for this then let me know about that. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Does Intel X25-E Extreme support TRIM in Windows 7?

Well for you information there is no need to trim SLC and this SLC flash memory is significantly more expensive to manufacture than MLC flash - so does the Gigabyte at SLC SSD up to ten times as much. With the recent SLC SSDs in the test of actual price varies from $10.5 to $ 16.80. Latter amount you have pay per gigabyte for the Intel X25-E, it is also so that the currently most expensive solid state drive in the test.

The Intel X25-E SSDSA2SH032G1 nominally holds 32 GB. To leverage their comparatively small capacity, Intel has placed on each side of the SSD-board 10-house storage devices. The chips are labeled 29F16G08CANC1 and hold 1.6 GB per gross. The SATA controller Intel PC29AS21AA0 is also from our own production. Only the 16-MB Cache Module Intel has decided on an external solution: the Samsung K4S281632I-UC60 is - ironically - from arch-rivals.

As far as I know the board is bolted to the 2.5-inch metal enclosure that provides a very solid impression. The weight of the Intel X25-E is at 79 grams, an average value. The energy consumption of the 32 GB hard drive is in standby mode according to the manufacturer with 0.06 watts, the lowest value of all previous test takers. Reaches for the Intel X25-E with access to 2.4 watts to tidy, but the Transcend TS128GSSD25S-M was 2.5 watts something about it. By comparison, conventional 2.5-inch hard drive will need in the tip up to 6 watts.

According to me the mean time between failures (Mean Time between Failures, MTBF) is according to the manufacturer for two million hours. For one, the SSD is much; other models have 1.5 or even just make do with 1 million hours. Typical of traditional disk spin of the 2.5-inch class are the way 0.6 million hours. The Intel SSD is not only very reliable, the semiconductor giant in the data sheet also promises exceptionally long life: Intel X25-E guarantees the random write operations in a range of up to one petabyte.

For Solid State Disks (SSD), the performance differences are so serious as to price differences. Intel's X25-M SSD sat down at our comparison immediately to the top. Now, there is the even faster X25-E Extreme for high-end applications. Of two major shortcomings in the keyword "Solid State Disks" is at once the question: too little capacity and too expensive. However, these statements are true now no longer a flat rate. Now models are available up to 256 GByte capacity. Especially in the primary area of application of SSDs in notebooks but many 64 or 128 gigabytes of current flash drives perfectly.

SSDs are also increasingly in client PCs and servers in use. In addition to the silent operation, low heat is the main reason for the high performance use. Very high transfer rates and short access times ensure negligible depending on the application for a significant acceleration. The prices of SSDs differ as coarse as to the performance. That was the performance of the flash drives convince even without restrictions.