Thread: Using a F6 Driver with USB Floppy

Using a F6 Driver with USB Floppy

I needlessly $ 52 for a USB floppy, I wanted to spend time to ask if anyone has such a part and if you can embed it in the Windows installation as a driver for a SCSI or SATA controller. My concern is the installation without a floppy drive connected internally to carry out. I tried it with the disk image to CD and a USB stick but not both work at the end.

Re: Using a F6 Driver with USB Floppy

Exactly do you want a scsi or s-ata drivers from another provider in the installation of windows via usb-3, 5 invite "floppy drive, right? I once had a usb hard drive on which I had installed linux - then this could also be started from the usb partition. In my opinion, you should go with the 3.5 "floppy drive, since windows press f6 when even a 3.5" drive accepted. Just need to check if the usb-floppy in the bios as a drive is detected, otherwise I do not know any solution. Perhaps has already experimented jmd. That would be quite interesting, since in the ABIT DigiDice no floppy controller is present.

So you copied the driver files into the main directory to the stick - if the stick itself is bootable or not does not matter - and puts the one. As a boot device in BIOS choose CDROM and inserts the XP CD. Then start the setup and pressing F6. A little later, then press again Z (specify additional device) and then takes to setup on the stick, which is at the moment, although A: but it is the error message:
    "In txtsetup.oem file is an unexpected error (1) occurred at line 1742 in ... \ oemdisk.c."

Unfortunately, there is once again the tiresome problem with a SATA driver during installation of XP can be installed from floppy via F6 should - only that there is just no FDD. Creating a custom XP CD is something flowers blossoming way, so I wonder whether a external USB FDD from the XP installation as Floppy drive is detected. Thank you in advance for related help.

The subject line should read of course: Will USB floppy during XP installation (F6- Driver involvement) as floppy from XP recognized? As always for other different Devices (usually laptops) manually with XP to install, etc., it begs this Problem future, unfortunately, again and again - each time to create your own CD would be, but then somewhat cumbersome. Precisely why I asked because I then an external USB floppy drive will be designed. I was just unclear whether XP does not even access to such a USB- FDD refused, but on the contrary, a normal Port attached drive as expected. (It would fully accommodate yes, if one of this point, that is about the driver loading use F6 key, and a CD drive could. But, unfortunately, is not this simple way.

That's just on hardware I have it already in some servers experienced that the floppy is first detected, and when the Windows setup the Text mode leaves, is an access onto floppy no longer possible. Partially can influence in the BIOS I hope this will solve the problem that you are facing. If you have any other problem then let me know.

Do not know it, I never even have to do so / can. My statement I have from a very reliable source. I think that I have to leave at this point? Agent is embed F6, the drivers will then definitely sometime loaded, then it should not work there. If we talk about USB Floppy then there is no option for that thing. Are perhaps not yet on CD?