Thread: Red X appears and sound system stops working

Red X appears and sound system stops working

I am using HP dv2620ca laptop .There is problem with my sound system .I am facing the problem that a red X appear over the sound icon and goes off. Some days my laptop work fine and some time when appear it gives the message that "No audio output device installed" I have reinstalled the HD audio driver but it did not helped in solving the problem. So help me out in solving this difficulty.

Re: Red X appears and sound system stops working

If you are not able to solve your problem then click on the Windows audio service. Click on the Start menu .Inside the start menu in the search box type services.msc and press the enter key, now the service window will be opened and you need to scroll down for getting the Windows Audio. After getting the windows audio make sure that the status is kept as 'Started'. If the status is not kept as started then double-click on "Windows Audio" then set Start up type to automatic and click on start and then on OK.

This problem is having quite simple solution .What you need to do is just update the BIOS by downloading the file from the manufacture website. Keep one thing in mind that you do no download from any other website other than the original. Now download the chip-set and the audio driver for you sound system. First you need to install the Chip-set driver then secondly you can install the audio driver.

Go to the start menu and in the start go to run, inside run type the command msconfig.msc and press OK. After this go to general tab and select normal start-up and you can also check out in the start up tab that all have been marked and selected, if all are selected then press apply and restart the machine again .You will not get this type of message again.

I am to facing this problem .I have tried all the things as you did. But it didn't worked for me. Could my error be related to the sound card? ,i am not knowing that whether my sound card is being damaged or not. Any ways i have even not touched my sound card. I am working on hp and this problem is being for a quite long now. Provide me your support on this matter.It is very much necessary for me.
    Last edited by Amaya; 14-09-2010 at 09:20 PM.

I feel that there is problem with your sound driver .Your driver might be outdated or it might be not installed properly. So you need to uninstall your driver and then install a fresh copy of driver on the system. If you are having any sources for getting the driver then get it otherwise i am providing you a address where you can download a driver .Click here - http://www8.hp.com/in/en/support.html