Thread: Bad performance from Intel 160GB SSD X25M G2 for an SSD

Bad performance from Intel 160GB SSD X25M G2 for an SSD

Recently I have got my laptop and I think that it must be faster compared to my previous laptop, but the thing is that it is not faster compared to my previous laptop when it comes to SSD. So for clearing my doubts I have downloaded AS SSD benchmark and the result was not up to the mark. I am getting on ÂĽ result compared to what Intel is advertizing. Is there anyone else who is having similar issue?

Re: Bad performance from Intel 160GB SSD X25M G2 for an SSD

I tried really a lot but somehow I get the performance of my SSD is not under control. I have tried different firmware and drivers but unfortunately I am not satisfied. The cable I have changed already tried as well as different ports on the motherboard. Currently I use AHCI with the appropriate driver from the Catalyst 9:10 in Windows 7 This time benchmarks.

According to me the results come from the old firmware and fresh Windows 7 I've flashed the new firmware and also the TRIM tool used. The values are more or less the same. I am surprised especially the very poor 4k values that yes, Intel should be just as good. So something is not in this way. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? I really do not go on.

The AHCI driver from AMD does not support Trim. Have you ever tested how it goes with the default driver from Microsoft? TRIM tool I have used with Microsoft drivers, with the AMD driver is an error. But it has also brought nothing. Is that really true of all boards with AMD790/SB750? It seems with the C1E yes to be a common problem.

Have I got it because of various problems with my 3525 Mobi SSDs a Falcon GSkill 128GB and now this! I have installed a trial basis Win7 RC1 64bit and made the Atto bench immediately after installation. The SSD is Falcon with a DVD burner on my SB750 DFI 790GX-M2RS which is set to AHCI. There was no driver for the SB installed because Windows has the SB750 in AHCI easily detected during installation. How can they now are these perverse loss?

So, after several tests with a new cable, the result remains the same (bad). The Falcon is the way, brand new and shipped from the manufacturer already with the new FW 1819. So, now have the CAT9.10 installed and otherwise all manufacturers’ drivers. Now I had a run with ATTO looked normal with no break-in. The second attempt 15 minutes later but again had the dent in 8k to 64k. I believe that Win 7 will soon be kidding me.

I think the thing I'm on the track. With energy option to "save energy" is the CPU utilization to 30-40% at the Bench and the read values to break bad one. But if I on 'excellence' in places then there are these drops and not the CPU is busy even to maxmal 8%. The question now is why the CPU load is so high for the transfers? I always thought that everything runs through DMA and the CPU load is minimal.