Thread: Epson SX515W Problem after installing compatible inks

Epson SX515W Problem after installing compatible inks

I have an all in one printer of Epson SX515W. I am getting the message on the screen of the printer that the cartridges is not recognized by the printers system. It started from when I have changed the original cartridges with the compatible one. There is only one option on the screen appear which indicates to change the cartridge. I am not getting this matter as am not much aware of this printer. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Epson SX515W Problem after installing compatible inks

It seems that it is the problem of the chip may be. It could be that the cartridges do not possess the latest version of chip. There are two types chip in the market:
    • Software updated.
    • Hardware updated.
    I think this problem is related to the software chip as they possess more compatibility problems. Try to replace the cartridges if possible.

I think this cartridge which you are using may be faulty cartridge. I think you should try checking the product from where you have bought the cartridges. You may have got the defective on from the company or from the vendor where you have bought this. I think he will replace it with the new one and also suggest you how to install it.

I am having the same problem with my printer as I changed the cartridges of the printer it did not recognizing the cartridges. So I went to the supplier from where I have bought the cartridges. He suggested me to remove cartridges and gently wipe the contacts of the cartridges and then again replace the cartridges back to the printer and it worked. I suggest you to try this. You may get the solution.

I think you should to mind some points at the time of replacing the cartridges. They are as follows:
    • Bring the cartridges as per your printers need.
    • Cartridges should be installed in the right slot.
    • After this if the printer is not accepting the cartridges than I think you should to take out the ink from the printer then turnoff the printer now after switching on it reinstall the cartridges properly as suggested.
    • If still it is not working then there may be some fault in the cartridges. You need to replace it with the new one.