Thread: Lenovo T60P 15" Flexview 2007-WUK Screen replacement ?

Lenovo T60P 15" Flexview 2007-WUK Screen replacement ?

I have purchased my Lenova T605 laptop last month from IBM certifies showroom. Unluckily, the flexview LCD panel is an ID Tech part (FRU - 42T0345) and not an FFS, BOE-Hydis part as I will have preferred. And also the panel will not get be repaired by Flextronics while it’s in warranty period because they have already declared that they will only replace the failing unit with the similar or better model. Is there any solution to take good maintenance conformity from Lenovo (or IBM) in order to defend my flexview panel? How much difficulties have to face to swap a BOE- Hydis panel? If anyone has Idea about it then plz send me here?

Re: Lenovo T60P 15" Flexview 2007-WUK Screen replacement ?

I think you have not done it before. I have made all these changes to my laptop and it does not give any pain or suffering. I do not know why you are using this kind of word here. I will give you some suggestion. LCD swap can be done in two hours with the HMM open. Have you ever seen this Hydis UXGA panel? Dear if you have seen it then it will not give you any pain.

Hello friends I am also planning to upgrade my system or will buy my new laptop. I am planning to buy a new IPS uxga. I didn't know that there were awful IPS screens and high-quality IPS screens. I will buy this machine mostly for the screen, so it will be obliging to know the difficulty. I also have one X301 with awful TN screen and a X200 tablet with a very high-quality AFFS screen. If it is as high-quality as a AFFS screen I will be happy. If it is like X301 screen I will not buy it. If it is as high-quality as a AFFS screen I will be happy. So please help me also here on this thread. How bad is it precisely? If I have any problem then tells me?

I am little bit confused about you questions. If you are asking about IPS screen then I do not thinks so that they have any kind of problem. All IPS screen have 180 degree angle view available. On some occasion they are noticeable as 170, 176, 178, 180. It does not make any kind of difference, as you properly noted. For sensible purposes the entire user will be worried about is that colors does not deform at great angles at all.

1. I have laptop of Lenova T60P with Flexview and its works very fine dear. I bought it from nearest from Lenovo showroom and it is approximately out of warranty. I changed the original CPU with a Core-2-Duo and the display is very god.
    My thoughts are that these screens are no longer available and that one is limited to replacement stocks possibly at Lenovo/IBM. FYI, I presently have 3 thinkpads and I owned 6. I had the screen go dim (T30) on one which IBM changed but otherwise I have not had a display problem. The likelihood that your display will conk out is not high. I would not worry about it. With the ongoing development in these things, and notebooks, ipads etc. There will be newer devices that you are more likely to want to replace your Thinkpad before it fails.

1. I do not understand what really you want to do with your laptop screen. What I know IBM never repair any laptop screen. They always replace it with similar or with higher available screen. Take it from someone who's had original DBU IPS LCDs on new A31p units changed under warranty back as well as a couple on Lenovo T60p laptops .

I can use some other for that they sell your units and it may be out of Lenovo warranty in which case they will give their own limited warranty, but they will not pay for pieces and employment, and will only suggest replace or repay. It's quite practical if you think of it, although may not assure an owner who does want to stay that machine, but wishes only to fix a exact problem.