Thread: Changing MIDI Output Device (SB XFi MIDI (8080)

Changing MIDI Output Device (SB XFi MIDI (8080)

I have searched on the net and get the information that to change MIDI Port from the internal GS Wavetable synth is disabled from windows 7. It is confirmed that they removed it from both vista and windows 7. I want to select MPU-401 compatible MIDI Port so that I can use old Sierra games through DOS-Box. Any body know how to do this?

Re: Changing MIDI Output Device (SB XFi MIDI (8080)

I nave searched a lot for your problem to be solved. After that I have got on the conclusion that There are the many options to configure the default out device. There I found the Windows Vista MIDI Mapper control panel which solves the problem in minutes. This application will solved the problem easily. Also I have found the another application called Vista midi fix. I think it will helpful to you.

It can be done by small trick just right click on the volume icon in the bottom of the icon to its corner. In that go to the play back devices and right click on the device which you are using. Now just disable that device It can be reversed at any time you want. After this your recording software will be usable and you can easily work on it.

I think this can be solved by using the different MIDI device under Windows® Vista/7. It can be done by downloading the Dosbox application. You can download it from the following link DOSBOX.You can use this to solve the problem. I don't know how to use this but the link will provide you all the necessary details how to use it. I think this will helpful to you.

I think you can use the utility which is provided by the above thread it will work.
    Otherwise you can use the one from these two MS GS Wavetable and SB XFi Midi Synth. It is the only solution for the problem i guess. But you will not able use your built-in port for external device. You can use this as a mean time solution.