Thread: How to play both headphone/speaker jacks

How to play both headphone/speaker jacks

I am using computer with studio 15 and windows 7 as the operating system in which sound card able to supports 5.1 speakers.I have now brought a headphone because sometime want to use it while gaming.I want to know is it possible that i can use both my headphone and regular speakers at time without unplug one and plug in the other? what is the best possible way to do this?

Re: How to play both headphone/speaker jacks

There can be several ways in which you can play both your headphone and speaker same time one of the possible way can be :
    1.go to the High Definition Audio 2.0 preferences which will be present on audio section on your computer.
    2.select 2 sound output when you plug in the jack.
    3.This will be present in Control Panel.
    this will help you to play both speaker and headphone at a time.

This can be done if you take a look at your mother board manual - there will be mention about headphones or line out and Mic on the mother board. you will have to get a adapter plate/wiring which will suite or if your machine has mic/headphone ports at front side, then it is possible for you to just plug in the wires from the front. this will help you to play both speaker and headphone at a time.

the easy way to have both the headphone and speaker jacks to play in same time is that just take a Y cord like that will have two different cords in different direction which can be connected with the adapter for both headphone and speaker and you can use both at a time. or you can take the help of the company website which may suggest you the best possible way in which this can be possible.

you can try this go into speaker drivers and select the green socket and set it as "front speaker out" and blue socket as "rear speaker out". this is one of the possible way you can play it. you can also go for adapter which provide dual connection through which you can connect both the peripheral headphone and speaker and can use it. mother board manual can also help you as it will be also mentioning the solution for your query.

You can go for downloading and try to reinstall the drivers AND HD audio application which may support the functionality. if you are not using REALTEK sound card, most of the sound card drivers software do have an application as well which can make your way to play both the peripheral it has features like mixer, graphic equalizer etc.