Thread: Solid-State drive(ssd) not functioning properly

Solid-State drive(ssd) not functioning properly

After hearing that SSDs provides great performance compare to hard disk drives. And this is particularly true in case of game. So I purchased Corsair Force 60GB SSD. I made a clean installation of windows 7 on this drive. The problem is that it is not responding as fast as it suppose to be. It should be 275mb writing and 285mb reading speed. Where I went wrong? Your suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Solid-State drive(ssd) not functioning properly

As you have mentioned you are using windows 7 in your computer so you do not need to trim the drive because windows 7 will trim it for you. Have you checked whether VS is actually running? Try this instruction. Right click to My computer Icon, select manage. Move to Services and applications and select services. Scroll to Volume Shadow copy. On my system it is set to manual startup. Check or your system whether it is not disabled.

I have brought Corsair solid-state drives recently. I mainly brought it for playing game , It provide significant great performance compare to Conventional hard disk drives. It cuts the game loading time almost to half. The performance is more high if you asr using it in windows 7.

I am using Intel 160gb SSD in my computer and I have installed Intel solid state toolbox. I am using windows Xp service pack 2 and windows 7 on different partition. I want to use Intel SSD optimizer for trimming but it display an warning message when I try to Trim it. The VSS might be not functioning properly. I have heard that Trim function automatically in Windows 7. Should I stop using Intel solid state toolbox. Thank you for your suggestion.