Thread: No hard drive found in windows 7

No hard drive found in windows 7

I am using a machine with a window 7 installed in it and I want go for windows 7 for more advance and additional provided in it, so I used the Gparted to make a partition for Windows 7 in the hard drive,till this everything was going fine and everything was done correctly, but at the end of the installing of Windows 7 I could just boot to Windows 7 and it is not showing the hard drive of my computer.

Re: No hard drive found in windows 7

Use Windows 7 installation disc and insert it into computer. Setup will start automatically. click at Start button, click Computer , open the Windows 7 disc on DVD drive, and then select setup.exe.
    Following steps to be followed as:
    • click Install now On the Install Windows page.
    • computer will need to be connected to the Internet during Windows 7 installation to get the latest updates.
    • on the license terms page, accept the license terms and select I accept the license terms and then click Next .
    • it will ask for Which type of installation do you want? select as Custom.
    • Choose the partition containing Window 7 (this is often the computer's C drive), and then select Next.
    • In the Windows click on OK .

so will solve the problem.
    Last edited by Hardwareman; 10-09-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Your problem may be related with the hardware issue with computer this can be solved you should check if the cable connected with hard drive and other device which may be physically damage or may be not connected properly this can be easily solve by just opening the CPU and physically rectifying the problem of connection. this may be the major issue because of which machine showing the no hard drive message.

your problem of hard drive can be related with your machine corrupted from software point of view, virus may be the reason which is creating the problem of hard drive no showing. this problem may be resolved if you install latest anti virus on your computer scan the computer after installing and upgrade the anti virus which will ensure it scan your computer for latest viruses and bugs.

the hard drive issue not showing in window7 may be that type of hard drive you are using on your computer does not supported by window 7 this can be solved if you search for the hard drive which support in window 7. try to connect that hard drive properly connecting the cables properly to the hard drive and to the other peripherals after all done try to scan for hard drive again. this will defiantly work for your problem so go for it.

there may be various problem which may lead to hard drive not finding in computer. as your computer running windows 7 which is the latest version of windows operating system it might be possible that it is not able to detect your hard drive because of physical connectivity issue. first try to solve the basic problem which can be causing the problem.

Your problem may be related with the hardware issue of computer which can be solved if you check for the cable connected with hard drive and other device properly. It mayh may be physically damage or not connected properly. this can be easily solve by just opening the CPU and physically rectifying the problem of connection. this may be the major issue because of which machine showing the no hard drive message.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    I am using a machine with a window 7 installed in it and I want go for windows 7 for more advance and additional provided in it, so I used the Gparted to make a partition for Windows 7 in the hard drive,till this everything was going fine and everything was done correctly, but at the end of the installing of Windows 7 I could just boot to Windows 7 and it is not showing the hard drive of my computer.
    What hard drive is it not showing?

Primary? Secondary? SATA? IDE? Size? Manufacturer? Model? Year made? More details required.

Quote Originally Posted by Killen View Post
    your problem of hard drive can be related with your machine corrupted from software point of view, virus may be the reason which is creating the problem of hard drive no showing. this problem may be resolved if you install latest anti virus on your computer scan the computer after installing and upgrade the anti virus which will ensure it scan your computer for latest viruses and bugs.
    If it is indeed a virus, it would be better to destroy everything on the hard drive and start over. Use DBAN to write zeros (Quick Erase method) on your hard drive once.

Quote Originally Posted by deoWo View Post
    there may be various problem which may lead to hard drive not finding in computer. as your computer running windows 7 which is the latest version of windows operating system it might be possible that it is not able to detect your hard drive because of physical connectivity issue. first try to solve the basic problem which can be causing the problem.
    Yes, check if the hard drive, cable, and controller works before you try anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxforu View Post
    this can be easily solve by just opening the CPU and physically rectifying the problem of connection.
    Open the CPU? lol
    Last edited by XP1; 06-11-2010 at 12:46 PM.