Thread: Custom Built PC Random Shutoff

Custom Built PC Random Shutoff

i have a custom built PC which has some problems from last few days. Initially it was used by my brother and it was working fine but later on when he passed it over to me from that time it is giving lot of disturbances to me . A man who assembled it fr has no idea regarding the fans of the machine. I on myself fixed it up. But now it is shutting off at alternate periods. I don't know why this is happening please help.

Re: Custom Built PC Random Shutoff

This may be the problem due over heating in the CPU. Please take care that the temperature of your system remains stable which will help the CPU to run fast without resistance. If the the temperature is normal than check out with the mother boards Bios set up's setting. And if you find any errors than clear it or any wrong setting has been saved than correct it.

Such Types of Problem normally caused due to the overheating of the machine. Just try to keep your machine temperature as stable as possible. To do this just check out whether the fans are working properly or not. Overheating is definitely a concern to overcome it download a software called "Speed fan". which will help to maintain the temperature of the CPU. Always see to it that the normal temperature is sits between 30-70 degrees Celsius.

In this case there might be a RAM problem. the RAM that you have installed may be corrupted. To resolve this try a memory test by troubleshooting , you will come to know that is the RAM is perfectly working or not. Or else try to update your Bios to the Latest version available

I believe that it is your power supply problem. And turning on the computer like this could damage your CPU - which may have already been damaged. Just checkout your power supply how it works and then proceed. Your SMPS may also have been affected.

This problem can be solved and I want you to follow the following methods to overcome it
    Method 1:
    Boot the computer in safe mode
    i. Restart the computer
    ii. Start tapping F8 key
    iii. You will get advanced boot option window
    iv. Using the arrow key select the option “Safe mode”

Method 2:
    If the issue does not persist then boot the computer in clean boot to check which third party is causing the problem. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.