Thread: Lexmark C500 colour laser printer

Lexmark C500 colour laser printer

I am in big trouble if anyone can help me then please leave your reply here. I will get it through here. Problem is that currently I have purchased a new laptop of Dell brand model number is inspiron 1764 and operating system of windows 7. I have printer of Lexmark C5OO color laser. It is working fine with the last laptop which is running on windows xp. But when I try to connect it with the dell through the Add Printer option the ther printer C5OO driver was not listed there. Then I have tried this through CD also but nothing seems to work for me. So can you guys tell me driver for my printer through which I can install it. Whether I have to go for new one.

Re: Lexmark C500 colour laser printer

Regarding your issue when I talk to my dad who is a software engineer he told me that lexmark's website provide only 32 bit driver and which support only in vista operating system. But if want then you can try it in your windows 7 operating system. Because as much I know that most of the vista drivers work on the windows 7 os. But the actual issue is 64bit and 32bit. So see this if it is working in your case then post your reply. If you want then visit here.

Whatever you are saying is correct. Most of the time drivers for vista support in windows 7 operating system. But When I was attempting to install this driver but I got error in this. Finally I don’t want buy a new laptop only because of driver issue. Actually when I was buying this at that time dad was not so much pleased. Now I will search more regarding this and if got vista 64 driver then I will inform you here.

Have you ever tried this on the windows XP. Try to hook this on windows XP. Leave this , Is your laptop connected over a network that is on router. You install windows XP and then go to the printer's property page and select Sharing and then set your printer also on the network. Wait for a time till network initialize it. And after that on your laptop select Add Printer then select it on network and add it. You have to install a protocol driver on your laptop and now Finally you can use your printer.

I am also very much worry about this issue. Because my most of the work totally depend on my Lexmark printer. I have also google on this issue but not able to get satisfactory answer. And I have network and router. Actually I think this suggestion will work even though I will try it in tonight as soon as I will reach to my home.

I have read your post but I misread it I have directly connected my printer to my laptop which is running on windows 7 operating system. Now I come to know that for this I need windows 7 driver also. But I have searched a lot regarding this but I am not able to get windows 7 driver. I think this may be the reason you have suggested to go for sharing. I think one of friend is able to do this with the protocal driver for x86. After that he do not have to install the printer drive for his windows 7 machine if it is on sharing. If you guys have more information regarding this then please inform me.

Around 2 month back I was also facing the same issue. But from one of the forum site I get the solution regarding my problem .I just want to share it with you hope it also work in your case. You just open any folder if you are using windows 7 then only and then select the network. If you do this then you will able to see printer on the other machine. If you get that then you simply go to the Devices and Printers and there at the top click Add Printer. And one more point for the share printer you have to install one protocol driver . You don’t need to install it on your windows 7 machine. If you do this as I am suggesting you then you will able to print from the windows 7 also. If it doesn’t work well then sorry.