Thread: Xerox Printer Driver install issue

Xerox Printer Driver install issue

I have bought new 8560 printer. I am having a Dell laptop and when I tried to install the printer with my laptop then the installation process aborted itself in-between giving some error message. After that I went to Xerox and downloaded the printer driver and tried to install it again but again I got the similar issue.

It is requesting me to connect to network. I do not have network. I can see my Xerox printer when I viewed my devices and printers which was strange. I can see only the basic option to print which is not fine for color printout. I just want to install the printer properly with a USB connection. Can you give me any suggestion?

Re: Xerox Printer Driver install issue

Have you downloaded Xerox Global Print Driver and installed it in your computer. If you have did this and want to install your printer with USB connection then I must tell you that for the SNMP Device Discovery the Global print driver does not support USB connections. Therefore It will revert back to basic print only. If you want to restore all printing features then you have to go to drivers advanced setting and you have to choose the printer from the list. After this it will restore all the printing features.

Thanks for the reply but I want to tell you that I have not installed global driver. I have just downloaded the recommended driver and installed it on my computer. Before that I was trying to install it from the installation CD but got the same problem. It was looking for a network to continue the installation process or it request me to use the walk up feature to locate the network.

Are you using Windows 7 32bit or Windows 7 64bit? If you are using 32bit then you can download driver from internet and do not select the web based installer. You can select either PCL or postscript. Then extract the file you have downloaded and remove the USB cable from your computer and again insert it back to the slot. It will ask you for the driver then you can browse the location where you have extracted the files. Default location for this is c:\xerox\[your printer].

If you are using laptop then make sure that you are using a docking station or port replicator. You should connect the printer directly to the laptop.

I downloaded post script driver as XRXGuy from internet as you have suggested and did the same according to your post. I extracted the files and connected the printer directly to computer. As I inserted that Windows 7 directly start a download and essentially installed 2 drivers. I continued the installation and it asked me for my model. I provided the same and after that it prompts me whether I want to share the printer on network, and as I am not on network so I selected no and continued the installation. After that I tried to print a page but I got a error message.

Below is the driver I was trying to install:

Win2000/08/Vista /XP/03 /Windows 7 PostScript driver
    Version: 5.58.10 Size: 5.5MB Language: English (US)

Here are few steps that you have to follow to make your Xerox printer workable with Windows 7 Global Driver.

• First of all right click on printer and click on properties.
    • On Tab click on option tab.
    • Expand your device option.
    • There you will find an option named "Configuration". You can drop that and select your printer from there.
    • Finally click on apply to make the changes.

There may be problem with your operating system which may not allow you to install your printer. You can install a fresh copy of the operating system. After that try to install it again and see whether it works or not. Before this try to install the printer with your antivirus disabled. Sometimes this also stops some application to be installed.