Thread: Western Digital Elements HDD hangs and wont open

Western Digital Elements HDD hangs and wont open

I am having a Western Digital Elements HDD 320GB.I was transferring all my videos and songs to my western digital HDD, it is taking more time then time to finish. I stopped the process and try to delete the files but files are not getting opened.I gave it to my friend, it didn't open in his computer. After this when I plug in my drive I can't even see it on My computer. After few minutes it appear but when I try to open it, my computer hangs. I have to either plug out the drive or restart the PC. Now, I don't need any file on it. If any one can suggest any solution to format it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Western Digital Elements HDD hangs and wont open

I am having similar problem when I plug in Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB.I added all the things they tell you to add on to your WD and now when I try to install new application it is not recognizing certain applications. I had to re-install about 15 times my net-beans software saying that the file may be corrupt but its not true.It's making my computer to hang and every time I need to re-install the software. It is useless to re-install it without any reason.Please provide any solution to this problem.PLEASE HELP !

I wanted to format my Western Digital Elements drive.It was not getting format. My problems were: When I plug in my drive PC is not detecting, it detect after few minutes. When I try to open the file it wont open. Computer system got hang. Suggestions: First Disable the USB port if it wont work then try through Administrative tools to assign letters to drive.Have a nice day.

I purchased a new external hard drive of 320 GB.When I connect it to my computer there is no icon.I was unable to access the drive.Control panel/add Hardware wizard shows that the device is connected properly and driver installed successfully. Right clicking, Control panel does not work. Please provide me any solution to this query. HELP

The most common problems with exteranl hard drive is that they lose their partition information.The External HD has MBR sector which is very likely to corrupt or damage. Sometime your computer recognize it, but does not shows anything or no drive letter is assign.In such case dont create new partition in Windows. In such cases try below things:
    a. Acronis Disk Director Suite is easiest-to-use and most feature-rich disk management product.It maximize disk use and performance.
    b. Active Partition recovery
    c. Partition Table Doctor
    Are the tools available for such problems.