Thread: Fastest SSD for $500?

Fastest SSD for $500?

I have bought a new SSD which is G.Skill Falcon II and i am not much happy with this drive. I think i need a more big ssd which comes around 80Gb or larger then that. Can you guys suggest me some good SSDs so that i can follows your suggestions next time.

Re: Fastest SSD for $500?

The new Micron RealSSD C300 are incredibly fast. Faster than any other solid state disks, says the manufacturer. Fast enough to drive conventional hard drives in the Depression. The SSDs read at a speed of 355 MByte / s write and 215 MB / s. By comparison, the current champion, the OCZ Agility EX creates only 255 MB / s read and 195 MB / s write speed. The C300 uses the first already SATA 3.0, the data with 6 Gb / s blows through the pipes. Twice as fast as SATA 2.0. The SSDs use the new ONFI 2.1 specification, which sent about five times as much data per transfer. This means in practice is likely better performance when multitasking.

Mtron SSD 16 GB, is very fast: it reaches more than 800 MB / sec read. The icing on the cake, as always with the flash memory, the flow is constant. The access time is clearly subject to the millisecond. In tests, the gain is obvious from a hard disk, but note that some tasks are mainly dependent on the access time: time Windows starts or the time of loading a level in a game (such as Quake 4) are similar, for example between nine and one SSD.

The Velociraptor was a small carnivorous dinosaur, well known since the release of the first Jurassic Park. Although it was oversized in the movie and its ability to work as a team is still in doubt, choose its name, meaning "swift thief" in Latin, seems like a really wise choice on the part of a manufacturer of disk drives as Western Digital. But the passage of X-Raptor VelociRaptor required a real change in physical appearance, the latter being a 2.5 "hard drive. Although they do not allow new records or rates really high storage capacity, the 2.5 "hard disks have significantly improved access times and transfer rates, which remain excellent.