Thread: Razer Lycosa v MS Sidewinder X4

Razer Lycosa v MS Sidewinder X4

My keyboard is not working from last 10 days and now I am feeling very boring without computer. Therefore I am planning to buy a new keyboard now. I searched on Google and found Sidewinder X4 and Razer Lycosa keyboards. I am planning to buy one of them. Can you help me to decide which one will be good for me. I mean can you tell me the difference between these two? Please reply soon I have to by it as early as possible.

Re: Razer Lycosa v MS Sidewinder X4

I have used those two keyboards Sidewinder X4 and Razer Lycosa. Firstly I was using Razer Lycosa. I was happy with that but when I saw Microsoft Sidewinder X4 was attracted towards that and bought that to replace Razer Lycosa. I used both the keyboard and overall I think both are fairly respectable keyboard and very comfortable also.

The only difference I can feel is, In Lycosa you cannot make out which keys are which but this is not in the case of Sidewinder X4.

I am using Microsoft SideWinder X4 from last two months. It was released in march 2010. If you like to play games on computer then this will be the best option for you because it is designed and made specially for hardcore games. It is made with advanced anti-ghosting technology. This technology ensures that if we press any key then it should be detected correctly. This detection is regardless of how many keys you are pressing at the same time. Therefore gamer can press complex combination of keys while playing video games.

There are certain pros and cons of Microsoft SideWinder X4. These are listed below. You should read this before ordering it.

Pros:
    • It accepts up to 26 keystrokes at once.
    • It has high speed key scanning.
    • It has variable brightness backlight.
    • It is available at affordable price.
    • They give 3-year limited warranty.
    • Contains in-game macro recorder.

Cons:
    • inflates the importance of multi-touch
    • Runs with Windows only.
    • It loses the much more luxurious volume and backlight knobs of the older X6.

I have Lycosa keyboard. It is a slandered keyboard. aesthetics would be the main appeal for it that is the blue LED back lighting. Media keys are placed at the top right corner of keyboard, it is available above the num pad. Media keys are the main attraction of the entire keyboard. This can be activated by a light touch. These are the pressure sensitive buttons. Overall its a good keyboard and I can suggest you for this. lets have a look at this:

Last edited by mathews; 08-09-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Here are some main feature for Razer Lycosa and MS Sidewinder X4.

Razer Lycosa
    • Looks good
    • Media Keys
    • No need to install the software
    • Has USB, Headphone and Mic ports

MS Sidewinder X4
    • Looks good
    • Competitively priced (~ $49AUD)
    • Excellent Antighosting
    • Macro Keys
    • Media Keys

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 is specially made as an alternative to the Lycosa. But it has better feature then that and it is cheaper too. It has media keys as it usually has. And it has 6 macro keys running along the left hand side of the keyboard. We can swap the profiles for the keys by single key stroke. You have to install IntelliType software to use media and micro keys. When you install this software you can open media player by pressing play/pause keys.