Thread: HP F4580 networking problem

HP F4580 networking problem

I purchased an HP f4580 that has wifi, I have installed on your notebook via USB and view with no problem, and then I realized that the instruction manual refers to a router to connect to wifi. What does it mean? in effect, I tried to do the configuration using the wifi laptop, in fact I see and I connect in start-connect a, but through the program that came with the printer and I added the configuration crashes while checking wifi network, point-blank stops and tells me that there is a problem and it is not clear what kind. I do not have a router (since my area is not covered by ADSL I would also be useless) somebody can tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Re: HP F4580 networking problem

Well I am confident about this thing you can easily configure the computer system wirelessly without a router, you should know what kind of error gives at the time of installation, however make sure your wi-fi card of the notebook is on and working before proceeding with the installation. I hope this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

I connect easily through the window "connect a", but if I try to print you open the program that HP tells me that the printer is not connected. but if I try to connect via the CD, and then finds and displays a progress bar below it turns out that is checking the wifi network and point-blank up to 100% saying that there is an error and that ' SSD (or something similar) printer is (null) so there what I suppose to do.

Actually the thing is that when I am trying to connect it is giving me message that "your printer is configured with the network name (SSD) (null). No other device uses this name" and printing the test report wireless network in "Network Name (SSID) found" says "does not exceed" What does this mean? How do I assign a rag network name? I think that the PC may not be able to track changes online status of the printer.

If you use firewall software, verify that UDP port 427 allows traffic from the printer and direct address 169.254.67.38 on the PC. There was a problem while configuring the printer. It is possible that the capabilities are limited when using, for example, the fax feature (if available) or access to the toolbox network. If you use firewall software, verify that TCP port 9220 allowing traffic from the PC and the printer directly at 169.254.67.38. It has detected a problem in the communication state. The PC may not be able to properly detect the status of the printer and ink levels. If you use firewall software, verify that UDP port 161 allows traffic from the PC and the printer directly at 169.254.67.38. To resolve the problem, try to power cycle the printer.

If the printer connected to a router then it should be assigned a network addresses. Not having a router if you try to connect peripherals to a network, you will always 169.254.67.38 as IP, which means that there 'is dialogue between the affected resources. You must create a "Wireless Network" ad hoc between PC and printer as if they were connected with a LAN cable Crossver (cross, inverted) You must assign the static IP on the same subnet, both the WiFi card on your PC, something like PC 192.168.1.1 and Printer 192.168.1.2

From the static IP is the WiFi card of the PC that the printer (with built-in menu) apparteneti the same subnet Right mouse button on "Network" Click on "Properties" Click on "Manage network connections" Right mouse button on "Wireless Network Connection" Click on "Properties" Click on "Internet version 4." Check "Use the following IP address" Enter to IP: 192.168.1.1 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Applications starting and OK Close All. From the printer control panel menu display Ip 192.168.1.2 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 If you ask the gateway 192.168.1.1 Save Configuration