Thread: Windows 7 Driver for HP 1215 Photosmart Printer

Windows 7 Driver for HP 1215 Photosmart Printer

I just bought a computer system running Windows 7. Unfortunately, I cannot install my printer Photosmart 1215. In the list of Available pilings, nothing exists for Windows 7. And my computer system does not recognize this printer. Anyone have a solution for me, because I am in a desperate need of solution for this problem. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Windows 7 Driver for HP 1215 Photosmart Printer

Well as far as I know this printer will only work on XP max. You can always try a version of the Photosmart software for Windows 7 (look on page one Photosmart printer model compatible Windows 7) but without any guarantee of performance. I hope this will help to solve the problem that you are facing. If you have any other issue then let me know.

Well I am not sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. But you can give it a try for solving the problem. As mentioned in the above reply the printer that you are having can work only on windows XP and the windows versions before that. So you can try for pilot Deskjet 895 Cxi, I am saying this because it worked well for my Photosmart P1000 and it is very much similar to HP 1215 Photosmart Printer.

I have a problem since we have formatted my computer, every time I turn on it tells me that windows needs to update HP more I scan I have all the icons. But it is not solving the problem. I do not what I am missing but before formatting this system everything was working fine. Is there any update I have to do for solving this problem? See I am not a technical expert but trying my luck hard to get rid of this problem and need your help for the same.

If you are not able to find the driver for the HP 1215 Photosmart Printer then it will be better to visit HP site for finding the driver for the same. If drivers are not present there then the only option left for you is to contact HP for providing the driver for the windows 7. Because they are the only one who provide a proper solution for the problem that you are facing.

You are saying that this HP 1215 Photosmart Printer is not working in windows 7 but it was working fine in windows XP then you can try to run this system in windows XP mode. Normally this mode is used for running those application in windows 7 those are not compatible with windows 7 but runs without any problem in windows XP. I am sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.