Thread: HP 2480 kernel panics with tiger

HP 2480 kernel panics with tiger

I am running with the HP 2480 which i have installed into the Macbook. I have installed the Tiger into Macbook. My problem is that i am not getting the printer to print the page properly. Whenever i am trying to print the pages from the printer, it prints upto the 3 to 4 page and after that started giving the Kernel panic. I am unable to get the issue resolved. So if you can then please let me know that. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP 2480 kernel panics with tiger

I have gone through the same and let me tell you that to get rid of the issue i will advise you to first uninstall the driver of the printer from the system and after that install the latest printer driver from the HP and see whether you are getting the same error with the printing process or not. I hope this will help you with the problem that you are going through.

As per your issue i think you have to run the system for the Disk Utility. Just boot the system into the Safe Mode and after that get into the Application and select the Utilities. Now look for the driver and click on Repair to correct the problem faced by the system. This might help you by correcting the problem related to the system. So go through the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not.

As per my knowledge if you are getting the issue with the printing then it can be possible that the problem is with the RAM which is giving you the error. I have searched about the same and come to know that this is the AHT error which is occurring due to BAD RAM. So if you can then check for the RAM and see whether it is working for you or not.

Apple has determined that a very small percentage of hard drives that were used in MacBook systems, sold between approximately May 2006 and December 2007, may fail under certain conditions. If your MacBook was purchased in the date range listed above and shows a flashing question mark on the screen, please take it to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider and they will examine the hard drive to confirm if it is eligible for a replacement, free of charge, under this program.
    For more info visit Apple.

If nothing is working for you and you are getting the problem with the same then i will advise you to contact the HP support team regarding then issue which you are getting and ask them for same and see whether you are getting the proper replies to work with the same or not. So try this out and work with the same.