Thread: C309A wireless radio not functioning

C309A wireless radio not functioning

After spending several hours with the HP hotline, a sterile manner (I will not elaborate on their incompetence). Since yesterday, my printer multifunction C309a is offline. I printed the report of the test wireless network that says "the wireless radio does not work. The only solution seems to offer me the technical service of HP is replacing the machine. Problem, my warranty expired last month and HP believes that the repair costs too much, and I am at my expense buy another printer. Besides the lack of commercial approach to HP, I'm shocked that it seems normal for the organization that the lifetime of their products to their customers does not exceed one year. Thank you in advance for any help to my problem.

Re: C309A wireless radio not functioning

I tried to reinstall my printer via USB. With due respect to the letter of how to uninstall / reinstall, it is recognized by any of my three computers. In desperation, I finally bring it to an authorized service HP. The repairman, also charming, informed me that HP refused often provides them with spare parts. It can then guarantee me to get my printer that I recall was purchased $ 400, there is only 1 year and 1 month!!

I am also in the same queue and I have consulted HP customer service, and they remind me of my intention, what generosity, to buy a new model with 20% discount. Outrageous!! Not obviously agree, the hotlines, the limit of the correction. HP customers, beware, this company you despise when they are no longer bound by the warranty. No sense of customer relations. I am really frustrated with this company.

I am personally disgusted to have invested $400 to be called the Rolls Royce of multi-function printer for only a year after it becomes unusable and that leaves me on the HP side of the road. We will catch me not twice! It seemed important to give this testimony so that everyone knows what he is exposed with HP, which I repeat in conclusion and has no regard for its customers. The response that I am getting is not good.

In the database the customer service of HP, the serial number of my printer to match a machine sold in December 2008 and has already been repaired twice. In fact, I bought in May 2009 and of course, no repairs have been made since then. This probably means that HP repackages defective products. Conclusion expensive HP customers, make sure to HP Services relevant as your date of purchase is there that indicated in the databases HP.

A week after filing my defective printer to an authorized service, the verdict is out! Motherboard dead and apparently unable to repair the beast. This leaves me with a beautiful mammoth all-in-one, paid $400 there is a little over a year, turned in a dismal all-in-nothing. Thank you HP! It is an unbeatable offer. I am sure after getting this response I will not go for any other product.

I thought that it will better I would then call the sales department. We all know that your margins are made on the sale of cartridges. From this point of view, I am without doubt a good customer. By refusing to solve my problem in acceptable terms, like me you will lose money. Because naturally, HP will never see a penny of my budget, either for printers or any other field of consumer electronics in which the company is rampant.

I guess no more HP products for me too, this problem happened also in some laptop Hp, the wifi card not functioning. My printer know it junk with out wifi.
    BS hp with a warranty of one year.

Re: C309A wireless radio not functioning EASY FIX

you don't need a new printer, just a new wifi card, HP part # 1150-7931. This is a 10 minute DIY job (I just replaced the card in mine). Very easy. You lift the top like you were replacing ink cartridges. On the top left corner (near the LCD), there is a screw to remove. On the back of the printer, there is a 2d screw near where the phone line plugs in. remove it. Now you can pop off the left side of the printer. Looking that the printer's left side, with the cover removed, there is a small wifi card (top right). Remove the 1 screw securing it and pull down, unplugging it from the printer's main circuit card. Then reverse. Push in the new wifi card. Replace screw. Snap side cover back on. Replace the 2 screws that secure the side cover. You are done.

The only hard part is finding the wifi card, since HP doesn't even sell it (even though these cards fail by the droves). I did a search on ebay by part number and got one for $23, including shipping.

Sad that you are told to go buy a new printer when for a small $ in parts and a very simple DIY repair you can be back to wireless printing. Shame on HP for not making this wifi part widely available and telling people how to make an out of warranty repair for a product that is prone to failure in the first place. This is what the card looks like: HP wifi card.jpg

It is about 2 inches by 3 inches.

If you have placed the router close to your printer and wireless radio is not functioning then you can make use of the etherent cable and with that link the printer with the router and you will get all the things working.