Thread: Photosmart C6180 Power-Up/Power-Down Problem

Photosmart C6180 Power-Up/Power-Down Problem

I am having Photosmart C6180 and this thing is connected wirelessly to my Mac OS X. The problem I am facing is with the printer that I am using. In the previous day I was facing many electric cut outs at my home due to this the printer was shut off randomly. This morning when I am trying to boot the system, this Photosmart C6180 is giving me Power-Up/Power-Down Problem. To be honest I am not having any idea related to this problem.

Re: Photosmart C6180 Power-Up/Power-Down Problem

I thing I am also facing this similar problem the, thing is that it is showing the HP logo and also animation for the process, that is the progress bar. One more thing it is also displaying a message that is saying that for avoiding damage follow the normal procedure of shutdown. It will be better not to use power strip or wall switch for shutting down the system.

Well I am not sure that this will help to solve your problem if want you can try this for solving the problem that you are facing. Try to unplug the cable and all the other wires that are connected printer and then you need to wait for more than five minutes and reconnect all the wires that you have disconnected. After that press # simple and then press six buttons keep holding these two buttons and then connect the power chord.

Thanks for the reply that you have given, I have followed all the instruction that you have give but unfortunately nothing is working for me to solve the problem that I am facing. I have also tried to find out the WiFi radio but it started the same thing again that is the on and off at random time. If you have any other suggestion then let me know about that.

I have followed the instructions that are mentioned and it worked for me for but the thing is that now I am facing other problem. I have a Power Mac Bok, HP Photosmart C6180 I have a wifi network and I cannot print on photo paper, but only on paper even when the tray A4 photo paper is selected in the utility photosmart printing. I will be waiting for the related solution.