Thread: Photosmart 6180 error message: Scanner failure unable to scan, copy, or send a fax.

Photosmart 6180 error message: Scanner failure unable to scan, copy, or send a fax.

I am using Photosmart 6180 this was working fine without any problem for more than two years. But now it starts giving problem, every time I try to do anything using this thing, the only thing I am getting is a message that “Scanner failure unable to scan, copy, or send a fax.” All of sudden receiving this kind of message is a bit annoying. Is there any solution for this kind of problem?

Re: Photosmart 6180 error message: Scanner failure unable to scan, copy, or send a fax.

Normally this kind of problem occurs if this Photosmart 6180 is facing any problem in printing. Just check the settings for printer not through the software but manually. If you are not able to solve the problem then it will be better to give this for maintenance. Since you are using this for more than two years, then it is a high that it must go for maintenance.

Re: Photosmart 6180 error message: Scanner failure unable to scan, copy, or send a fax.

I have Photosmart 6180 which is not bad but since I spend a few months ago that does not copy or scan or fax orders (if you print). The problem is the scanner is not working and you need to copy and send fax. There is no error message, but when I go to scan does nothing, the screen says "scanning" but does not start scanning. I tried everything, power cycle, reset, but nothing. If I turn off and prune the okay, the car moves the scanner, turn on various colored lights, but nothing. The most rare of this problem is not any kind of error appears in the display is and the scanner carriage is not jammed, everything seems fine, but not scan.

Problems indicators refer to the lamp of the scanner, these functions require the lamp make a reset as follows: Turn off the computer and disconnect the cable. Press number and 6 keys simultaneously and release them without connecting the power cable and then the loose, if you do not start with the button, if you perform the reset, language and region will ask, and then indicate that you will make a page alignment, if the work already carried out and it will not show the scanner error.

I have tried and since nothing is working, I have tried all the things that you have suggested. It's very strange because when you turn on the HP, the scanner lamp turns on (and sets of various colors), the scanner carriage moves but does not scan and does not give any error. This is really a weird problem since it is not giving any kind of error message.

If the indicator light flashes on the ink reservoir, it is possible that the ink is exhausted. We recommend replacing the ink reservoir. If you are printing and want to continue printing, press [OK] with the ink tank installed. Printing can continue. We recommend replacing the ink reservoir after printing. The printer may be damaged if you continue printing ink has been exhausted.

Unable to properly detect the level of ink remaining (the indicator light on the ink tank flashes). Replace the ink tank and close the scanning unit. Printing with an ink reservoir that was previously empty can damage the equipment. If you want to continue printing in this condition, you must disable the detection level of ink remaining. Press and hold [Stop / Reset] (Stop / Reset) for at least 5 seconds, then release. This allows you to store the decommissioning of the detection function of the level of ink remaining. Canon shall not be liable for failure or damage caused by the printer ink regenerated.