Thread: Which synaptics driver version has pinch zoom?

Which synaptics driver version has pinch zoom?

Last week I bought a new laptop and touch pad is working properly. My laptop driver version is 15.0.9 on Synaptics which has the two finger scrolling, three finger flick and pres. One of my friend has some more facility on his touch pad. He has three finger drags such as top, bottom, left, right of screen to open anything and he can also use pinch zoom. I've tried a few driver versions and can't find which one has both. My question is, which driver version has all that facility mentioned above
    Last edited by ADALBERTO; 09-09-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Re: Which synaptics driver version has pinch zoom?

Are you sure that your drivers does not support pinch zoom on your touch pad. I am will explain some setting which I made with my Toshiba laptop. I know how to make work pinch zoom (yes!!).Ok go and click on the synaptics pointing device icon in the taskbar and go to that device setting and now go to the settings. Here you will the some option under "advanced gestures" and go to "pinch”. This is the exact thing which you want to do on your laptop. Make this pinch zomm enable here. The Synaptics people design the touchpad to zoom only when you "pinch" on the touchpad, but most of the people experience the zooming without pinching - this will end it. Hope it works for all of you like it has me!

Normally update of driver solves this kind of problem. May be your laptop does not have the appropriate driver installed to support pinch zoom. Pinch zoom can be available even in the version 14 drivers. you should go to the touch pad configuration in control panel ,mouse and explore, here you will be able to see and address the real problem, Make the pinch zoom enable there if any option is available. I hope it will solve your problem

Have you done updated on your laptop's trackpad driver lately? If npot then you will not beable to use the latest function of you touch pad. Consider doing so, but your laptop your must be equipped with a Synaptics trackpad. The latest avilabe Synaptics driver seems to enable multitouch function on older laptops also that did not previously support them, including two-finger scrolling, and three-finger click. And also while the drivers come themselves from HP, they work just fine on other laptops with a Synaptics trackpad. Go to the Synaptics website and download the latest available driver for your touchpad

All versions of 14 series support this function first download the driver ver 14.0.03 then do the installation process correctly. May be check you synaptic setting first then do these installation. Firstly uninstall synaptics driver completely from system then make restart your laptop. After restart the computer will automatically load the generic touchpad driver and will ask u to reboot. After rebooting it again now install the modded synaptics driver chose the proper latest version. Click the Install this anyway" if it asked to do this. Reboot it again. Now go to control panel-mouse-synaptics touchpad driver. Make sure it says 14.0.03. Now go to settings and play with the settings by enabling the new pinch zoom features.

May be you are not using your fingers properly to use pinch zoom. Because some time people feel clumsy with touchpad in start and do not get the benefits of all this multitouch or pinch zooming so before doing anything please use this technique to use pinch zoom Place two fingers slightly separated on the TouchPad. Slide both fingers, using a straight continuous motion, closer together to zoom-out. Slide both fingers farther apart to zoom-in. Gesture ends when both fingers are lifted from TouchPad.

Try to see the latest available drivers for synaptict to use your track pad. The Synaptics device driver is customized to meet the specific requirements of your device manufacturer. To ensure that you get the appropriate device driver for your system, download your Synaptics device driver from your system manufacturer's support website. For more information on the advanced features enabled by the Synaptics Driver, view our Driver Product Brief. You if you are using “Windows XP/Vista and Win7 32-bit Edition v14.0.3” then the available version is 14.0.3