Thread: HP C4580 scan button not working with Snow Leopard

HP C4580 scan button not working with Snow Leopard

I have problem regarding the scanning. Ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard, the scan button no longer works. Actually I have post this problem on the Snow Leopard site but I didn’t get any reply from that side. Do you think that HP will come and solve this problem. It was working properly before upgrading. Whenever I try to scan anything from the printer the hp scanner it’s not working . So can anyone help me?

Re: HP C4580 scan button not working with Snow Leopard

I am very familiar regarding this issue because I was also facing it some weeks back. Actually in that scan button on the printer was not working but in that I can can scan from Preview or Image Capture. So if your button is also not working so try it. So it is very easy trick. So if it work in your case so you just post a reply.

Same issue here also but it was few days back. Actually regarding this issue I was searching. So from on the site one user have posted a link of Hp site so from there I have got this and it is fixed in my case I just give the link you also try I hope it will surely fix your issue also. Form there you Download and install the C4580 HP 10.6 software. For that you click here. And you are using HP scan and it will enable your front panel scan button.

You are just giving me an alternate solution. If I won't use that scan button so what is the purpose for buying it. It would just defeat that purpose. If we can do it like that so what is the use of that button, it should automatically opens the HP scan. Tell me any logical answer.

Hey friend whatever you are facing right now I was also facing it 3 weeks back . Previously scanning was totally done with the os x. In the snow leopord HP scan software is not used. This the the main reason that is why some of the question goes to the Apple at that time they have link the scan button to either Preview or Image Capture startup. I consider that you have tried using Preview mage Capture to start and manage your scans? So this is more than doing it on the printer. So that is why you have to follow the both devices at the time of scanning.

I have read that last reply and regarding that I just want to say that it also doesn't make any sense. Actually I mean that how hp scan is not being used when it came with the download on the HP website that was specifically for Snow Leopard? So I just want to make this clear for you.

I have tried that. Actually I have HP C4580 but it is not working very properly.I think for this issue there has to be an simple way. In this actually when I pressed the scan button on the printer it causes the HP Scan on the mac to start. And I think this things not be so much difficult. I hope this much things can be taken care in it's next model.