Thread: Need Windows 7 64-bit Driver for Deskjet 9800

Need Windows 7 64-bit Driver for Deskjet 9800

Hi, I m here in search for the drivers of Windows 7 64-bit, for Deskjet 9800 printer. I can see it in the list, however when I go for the downloading, an error is displayed saying no such driver for Deskjet 9800 printer is available. I have given a try to HP's workaround solution, but that also did not work. I also went for the universal driver option given by Microsoft, but that also went in vain. Any suggestion from your side? or should I wait for HP to give the drivers for the Deskjet 9800 printer, so that it can run on Windows 7.

Re: Need Windows 7 64-bit Driver for Deskjet 9800

Do not know why are the older printer not getting over with the new Windows Operating System such as Windows 7. I also upgraded to Windows 7- 64 bit as all other did, and am facing the same issue. To some extent I can print the pages, but can not use HP toolbox. Whenever I make an attempt for it, I receive the message that the drivers are not installed. While I was using XP, I had no issues with that, but as soon as I started using Windows 7 the problems started to rise. Kindly suggest some solution.

I was able to rectify this problem on my HP TouchSmart notebook. The printer that I used was same as one that you all are discussing here i.e. Deskjet 9800. For the very first time when I was using it, I did not remember if it asked for the driver. I never came across the issues as such discussed here. I think that I just clicked on the Help and it did all the things. I was able to print the one-sided documents, however for two-sided documents had some issue, but later it also got rectified. I went to Printer Properties-> Clicked Device Setting-> then Installable Options-> and at last checked Duplex. I did not get help from HP for doing this but it just poped in my mind. Hope that this could have helped you a bit.

Why are you all criticizing HP so much. HP has provided drivers for the Deskjet 9800, you can download it from the official site of HP. The problem that you all are facing is not of proper drivers, the issue is regarding the proper installation of the printer and the drivers. If you have installed the printers and the drivers properly you should not get any problem, with this. If you want detailed description regarding this then you can click here. I hope that you all will be able to get all what you expect.

The drivers for the Deskjet 9800 is not actually a full-fledged driver. It will only work when the printer is directly connected to the computer. This is not actually for what IO am looking here, here I need a driver that will support a printer that is shared on a network. In my network scenario I have many computer running XP, and they can see the printer, but when it comes to the one with Windows 7 it can not. How can I get this tragedy solve. Please Help.

Quote Originally Posted by MACuser View Post
    Why are you all criticizing HP so much. HP has provided drivers for the Deskjet 9800, you can download it from the official site of HP. The problem that you all are facing is not of proper drivers, the issue is regarding the proper installation of the printer and the drivers. If you have installed the printers and the drivers properly you should not get any problem, with this. If you want detailed description regarding this then you can click here. I hope that you all will be able to get all what you expect.
    Sorry for blaming HP and Microsoft, and Thanks a lot MACuser, for your guidance. I got the things well under control. Now, my printer is well connected to the system and is working fine. I should have given this a thought for once and I would have not put myself in this trouble. Well it was also nice receiving guidance from you. Thanks a lot again.