Thread: HP Photosmart 1000 & Windows 7

HP Photosmart 1000 & Windows 7

I recently purchased the HP Pavilion All-in-One. Now it is the Major Problem. I am having Windows 7 as the Operating System. Now, I went for the printer for working, but before using it needed the software to be downloaded. I went in search for the said one but could not find it. What is to be done for this? I think that there is no software of this printer for Window 7. I do not want to buy new printer. Any thoughts or help. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP Photosmart 1000 & Windows 7

I think that you need to install the Deskjet 970c driver. Try installing as per the following steps:
    1. First of all determine the appropriate compatible driver for your case.
    2. Now download the appropriate driver.
    3. Once finished with this, disconnect the USB cable from the product.
    4. Now click the Windows icon from the Windows taskbar.
    5. After this click Devices and Printers.
    6. Then click the Add a printer.
    7. After this click on Add a local printer.
    8. Now click Use an existing port, the drop-down list falls, select the LPT1: (Printer Port), and click Next.
    9. Under Manufacturer in the Install the printer driver window, click HP
    10. In the Printer name text box, type the product name and then click Next .
    11. Now click Finished.
    12. Connect the USB cable to the product, and connect the USB cable to the computer.
    13. A Device driver software was not successfully installed window opens. Click Close to close the window.
    14. Now configure the driver.
    15. In the Devices and Printers window, right-click the name of the product and then click Printer Properties .
    16. Click the Ports tab.
    17. Change the port from LPT1 to USB or DOT4 .
    18. Click OK .
    19. In the Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
    20. Click Print Test Page .

Hope that this will make a difference.

I followed the steps that you have mentioned here. While I was following the instructions I got stuck at the Adding a New Printer step. I made the choice for Deskjet970, but could not find it worth. I tried all the options but nothing worked. I even did the windows update for the list of printers and it still wasn't listed? Where am I going wrong? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Please while selecting Under Manufacturers please select HP and not Hewlett Packard. If Deskjet970cse can not be located, then you can try for other version of that. It should work for you guys. Please give it one more try and then let me know that you have succeeded. It has worked previously so I think that this should work in your case. Thanks.

I have made this worked on my machine, but I do not remember exactly how I did manage to do it. I was having Vista on my system, and I just used the right drivers from the installation disc, ans it did the trick. Id you want you take one of the Vista installation disk and try doing what I did. Hope that the Vista installation disc may be useful on the system running the Windows 7. Please post me if this worked in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Simond View Post
    Please while selecting Under Manufacturers please select HP and not Hewlett Packard. If Deskjet970cse can not be located, then you can try for other version of that. It should work for you guys. Please give it one more try and then let me know that you have succeeded. It has worked previously so I think that this should work in your case. Thanks.
    This time while selecting I properly selected the option. This time I went through it. This time however I got stuck at the last step. When I went to the print the test page, nothing happened. In order to make it work then I tried turning the unit off and on. I even made sure that the cables were connected. I am not getting the way guys. I will try this afterwards. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks a lot Simond, for again and again instructing me the steps. I have finally got the things under control. I was going wrong somewhere but today when I started again with fresh mind I got it worked in my favor. Thank you , thank you very much it is working great.