Thread: How to save mouse settings

How to save mouse settings

Hello Everybody,

I would like to know that how do i save my mouse settings on my pc. So that i don't have to reset it everytime whenever i turn on my system. Especially under Control Panel where i switch on the primary and secondary buttons. It was working fine until i reinstalled the mouse software on my pc and there onwards i have to reset my options everytime on my pc. Can any body tell me that how can i resolve the above problem? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: How to save mouse settings

Follow the below steps mention.

1. Go into your Control Panel by first clicking on the Start Button.
    2. Then click on the Control Panel icon located in the right column of the Start Menu.
    3. If your Start Menu is set to the Classic View, then begin by clicking on the Start Button.
    4. Then click on Settings, then click on the Control Panel icon to open up the Control Panel.
    5. Now, Double click on the Mouse icon to open up the Mouse Properties window.
    6. Then click on the Pointer Options Tab located at the top of the screen.
    7. Drag the Slider bar left to make the pointer move slower or right to make it move faster.
    8. Place a check mark in the box next to Enhance pointer precision.
    9. This will give you better control of the pointer when moving short distances.
    10. If you want to enable pointer trails, place a check mark next to Display pointer trails.
    11. You can also Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box as well.
    12. And Hide pointer while typing and Show location of pointer if the CTRL key is pressed.
    13. Enable these options according to your personal preference.
    14. If you want to swap the buttons, click on the Buttons Tab at the top of the screen.
    15. Then place a check mark next to Switch primary and secondary buttons.
    16. You can also adjust the Double click speed and Turn on the Clicklock dragging option.
    17. Then click the OK button to save your settings and exit the Mouse Properties window.
    18. Then close the Control Panel to return back to your Windows session.

IntelliPoint 6.3 Mouse Software for Windows

IntelliPoint software enables you to customize the unique features of your Microsoft mouse. You can reassign mouse buttons to perform commands, shortcuts, and application-specific functions. You can also modify mouse settings, such as pointer speed and updated horizontal scrolling.

IntelliPoint 5.5 Mouse

IntelliPoint software enables you to customize the unique features of your Microsoft mouse to fit your needs. With IntelliPoint mouse software, you can reassign each mouse button including the wheel button to perform a command or keyboard shortcut, like Undo, Close, or an application-specific function. You can also modify mouse settings, such as pointer speed and updated horizontal scrolling. IntelliPoint 5.5 even offers biometrics support for advanced identity management.

Did anyone actually read the question? Kamran knows how to save the mouse settings. His problem, as is mine, is windows will not SAVE the settings after restart. I am having the same problem and these solutions do not help me because they do not address the issue

First of all press Win key + R, now type msconfig in box and click Enter. Now in the System Configuration dialogue box, go to the Startup tab. Search for any entry that is named as KHALMNPR or comparable. If it is there, uncheck the check box infront of it and click OK. That’s is. Now reboot your system. If it still won't works,, than please make sure that the mouse drivers are updated and properly install. This plays lead roll for mouse problems.

In the system configuration box I do net see KHALMNPR or comparable-I am wondering if because I have a Synaptics PS/2 port pointing device it might be called something else. I am about to update my drivers now to see if that works. Thanks Orton.