Thread: Officejet Pro 1150c Driver install for Windows 7

Officejet Pro 1150c Driver install for Windows 7

I strongly believe in reusing the things, this time too, I thought of using an old printer Officejet Pro 1150c. However the system with which I was trying it to connect was having Windows 7 as the Operating System. At first I thought, it can be overcome by installing the drivers, but I found myself helpless when I did not get the drivers for the same. I searched for it all over the HP websites but was unable to find the drivers. Can you all suggest me from where I can get the drivers, or is there any other way that I can look for.

Re: Officejet Pro 1150c Driver install for Windows 7

Yes, there are many issues that I have seen these days with regards to Windows 7 and older printers of HP. At this moment I can not suggest any solution or sites from where you can download the drivers. I think HP and Microsoft should come down with the solution regarding the compatibility between the older versions of HP printers and new operating systems.

Do not know who the real culprit is, is it HP or is it Microsoft. I totally agree with Erubiel, and they should do it quickly. After all they will not take risk with their name. I believe that HP is doing it purposely, it is actually the responsibility of HP to provide compatible drivers, with the rising new software in the markets. I am saying this because, if they started doing this there new printers will not be sold. After all they are also doing business.

It would be advisible, to try the Deskjet 660c or Deskjet 870c drivers. You can follow the steps below while trying them:
    • To the parallel port connect the Officejet 1150.
    • Next go to Devices and then Printers Folder.
    • After this selectAdd a Printer, then Local Printer, LPT1.
    • Now in the list of printers select HP and select the Deskjet 660c driver.
    • Right click on the printer, then select its Properties and rename the printer to Officejt 1150, and then hit OK.
    • If at all the Deskjet 660c driver, did not work you can try the Deskjet 870c, and follow the same procedure and instead of selecting Deskjet 660c select Deskjet 870c.

This is actually what I can give you all from my side. Good Luck.

I have gone through the list but could not find the Deskjet 660c drivers. I even tried running the Windows Update, so that the list may refresh and Deskjet 660c may appear. However it did not appear? I even thought of going with the Deskjet 870c, but it was also not on the list. Is there another driver I can use for the OfficeJet Pro 1150C?

I would suggest you to download the drivers for the Windows XP SP 3, and run them at the compatibility mode,for the Windows 7. This has run for other models of the HP printer and should run for this model too. If you do not have the drivers you can go to the official site, or you can CLICK here to download the same. Give it a try for once and tell if it hit the target.