Thread: Deskjet F340 AiO will print but not scan

Deskjet F340 AiO will print but not scan

I have bought my new Macbook pro which is running under OS 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard). I attached my old printer to it. Printer was running very fine but the next day when I tried to scan a image I got a error saying that “Sorry, an unknown error occurred”. I tried it for more times but getting the same error ant aborts the printing process.

Previously it was running fine when It was attached to my old Macbook running Leopard. Can anyone tell me what may be the problem and how can I fix this. Thank you.

Re: Deskjet F340 AiO will print but not scan

Which software you are using to print or scan the image. There may be problem with your software which is the cause behind aborting the scanning process. Have you tried reinstalling your software. If not then uninstall it completely and then install the fresh copy of that and reboot the system and see that your problem is solved or not. If it does not solve the issue then it may be some hardware problem.

Initially I also thought that it is an software issue Therefore I downloaded the software from HP website and installed it in my computer. After that when I tried to scan the image again then it again shows the same pop up error. Then I reset the printing system by uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Then also it does not solve the scan issue.

Here are the special steps that you have to follow to uninstall the process. You may need to have the software CD to install it again.

• Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard and click on HP Uninstaller
    • Click on continue
    • On your left pane highlight your device.
    • Holding the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
    • It will ask you that to confirm that you are uninstalling ALL hp software.
    • Click on continue to let it finished.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Now run the software update.

Hi,
    I followed the steps you have suggested and restarted the PC, updated the software and restarted it again. After that when connected my Printer to the computer via USB then I don’t have to install it manually. It automatically popped up my Print and Fax preferences which was removed during uninstallation.

It recognizes the scanner and I can scan the image properly. Thank you very much for your help.

There may be problem with your Driver. You should reinstall the Driver. To do this just go to device manager and delete the driver. Reboot your computer and you will see that it will automatically detect the new hardware attached to it and it will automatically install the appropriate driver for that.

If It does not help you then you can go the manufactures website and select your model number and download the latest Driver for your printer. install it on your scanner will start working it it is due to driver problem.

There may be problem with your connecting USB cable. It may be corrupted. In many of the cases like this I found that all the system, software and hardware are fine but just because of a small cable it creates the major problems. So I suggest you to change your connecting wire if you are using a wired connection but if you are using wireless connection then there may be some other problem.