Thread: Laserjet 3055 compatibility with Apple's Snow Leopard

Laserjet 3055 compatibility with Apple's Snow Leopard

Hey guys, I am in need of some urgent help from you all regarding my HP 3055 printer. I am using it on Apple's Snow Leopard operating system. Actually it doesn't matter that what I am doing on this it always remain in the paused status. To fix it I have tried to reinstall it but it is not working. I have updated it's driver also but it also doesn't work. Is there any update driver available for the Mac operating system X 10.6 Snow Leopard? If it is there so please let me inform.

Re: Laserjet 3055 compatibility with Apple's Snow Leopard

Here I am also encountering exactly the same problems. Actually I have searched on this issue but nothing seem to work. There is no proper solution is available. I have tried most of them. If any one know this that how to fix it so please help. And ya please try to give the perfect one because I have already tried most of the solution as I said earlier.

Regarding it I have searched a lot and on one of solution I have did testing for the 3055 model. And then I have found that it is working. Even you can also get it. You just simply install the older 10.5 solution. For that you have to follow the instruction in that Uninstall the currently installed HP software by using the uninstaller located in Applications/HP LaserJet Software/HP Uninstaller after this unplug the USB cable from the 3055 then . Open the Print and Fax System Preference and <control> click or right click on the list of printers on the left. Select "Reset printing system. So click ok on that warning. Then reboot it. Then download the latest driver for your 3055 from here. Then run the all in one installer. Click ok on any of the messages that come at the time of installing it. After that restart your os. Then go to the HP Setup Assistant. All your installation is complete. Now it is able to scan and print.

I know whatever you are saying but sometimes 10.5 solution is not fully supported in Mac operating system. You try 10.6 actually does the same. 10.6 it does seem functional as per other users and some limited testing I have done. And ya I am not saying all these because I read somewhere I am also an HP employee. But I am saying all these for myself not for the HP. So try it.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I just want to ask you here that hav you tested this solution on the laserset 3390? Actually I am heavily depend on the scanner and I want assurance that I will still have this functionality after the upgrade. So please tell me as soon as it is possible for you.

Whatever you have said here is it work on the other printer. Actually I am using 3052. But the problem is that I am able to scan and print a test page but when it comes to actual printing, it says that it is "waiting for the printer to become available". Actually I have this printer from the long time it is working nicely. If you have any information then post it I will appreciate any insight you have.

Hey friend I got your problem actually some week before I was facing it. Then my uncle told me to download Apple update manually and it will do trick.I have did that as my uncle said. And yes it did the trick. By the way you just call the Apple and several emails to HP and no one was able to figure it out. But my uncle solve it. I just suggest you that you also try it.