Thread: HP 6500 on Wireless prints but won't scan

HP 6500 on Wireless prints but won't scan

I have bought a new HP printer and scanner last week. My model number is HP 6500 All In One. My printer is printing wirelessly but when I try to scan it gives me error “‘an error has occurred while communicating with the scanning device”. I am able to scan manually when I put the document inside the scanner and connect it through USB port. I have already installed and reinstalled it so many times but it did not help me out with this problem. I have scanned some documents with this printer two days before wirelessly but my brother has done some mistake with HP software and now it’s not working. Please help me out with this problem

Re: HP 6500 on Wireless prints but won't scan

You are trying to say that your printer is working well when you do print command wirelessly but get an error when try to scan wirelessly. You try some different method to uninstall before reinstalling the software. Go to control panel if you are using windows XP and go in add or remove programs. Here you uninstall all the HP printer and scanner S/w you have. Now put the HP CD in your CD drive and do this command h:\util\ccc\uninstall_l3.bat here “h” is your CD drive name. And now reinstall all the SW of HP from CD. May be it will work for you

Try to get scan by making right click on you printer image in my computer. And try to scan by click with preview or image capture options. And if still it’s not helping out you then delete your printer and add a new printer from control panel “ Printer and FAX “. Click to add new printer and put the HP CD in your CD drive. Wait until it gets installed again. And then shot down your PC and restart it again. Your printer will start working.

Have you installed proper Hp software and driver. Since you written here that your brother made some problem with hp problem. Go the website of Hp and see your model number in the list and download the latest HP driver and software from website. Now installed these software on you computer and it will start working if there was any software problem.

With which operating system you are using your HP printer and scanner. Your printer is giving printouts but not making scan via wireless connections. If it is true then your problem may be with Manufacture Company because some of the companies are not comfortable with wireless scanning. You just check out that your scanner has the capability to scan wirelessly. Go to the website of your manufacture and check its compatibility with wireless connection.

I think so this is not the directly related to the scanning problem issue. It is also related to the driver package. To make it solve I do the following things: go to the control panel and click on the “Printer and fax” and remove all the driver and stop print spoor service. Now delete all the files with in the directory “%SystemRoot%\system32\spool\PRINTERS” Now you restart you printer services and I hope it will start working.

In my office I was facing same problem and try something on my software installation. You go to the “%SystemRoot%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86” and delete all the HKLM\SYSTEm\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers and now restart your printer spooler services and also check WEP service of wireless connection. Now reinstall all the drivers. I writing this information that it might help somebody.

Ok. I had this problem about connection lost to printer or OCR software not installed.

I have being several days figuring out what was wrong.

What I did on Windows 7 is to:

1. Run services.msc

2. Make sure Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is running.

3. If not, and try to start service, it showed me and error 1068.

4. WIA is dependent on other services, so you need to make sure this two are running

a) Remote Procedure Call and

b) Shell Hardware Protections

5. Then try to run WIA services

6. You should have your scanner working wireless by now.

Make sure to activate scanner for testing scanning from the HP Software Scan Menu.

Let me know how it goes for you people.

I was with customer service on phone for about 2 hours and even with remote access they were not able to solve this.

So, let's hope this helps other on troubleshooting the SCAN problem with the HP 6500a Printer