Thread: Laserjet 4200 drivers for Windows 7 64bit

Laserjet 4200 drivers for Windows 7 64bit

Recently upgraded to Windows 7, which is a 64 - bit version. I trued testing it on the network and came up with the conclusion that HP is not having sufficient drivers for the Laserjet 4200. I have looked for the solution all over the Web and could not find any thing helpful. I hope that someone will come up here with the solution. I desperately need one. Please help.

Re: Laserjet 4200 drivers for Windows 7 64bit

Why are you searching the solution all over the web, when the solution is right under your nose. Have you ever tried the Windows Updates. Well I tried the one. This is some what an ultimate solution to the problems regarding the drivers. Actually the drivers for Laserjet 4200, can be made available through the Windows Updates. Try it.
    Last edited by T.J.; 07-09-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Why are you searching the solution all over the web, when the solution is right under your nose. Have you ever tried the 12345QWERT. Well I tried the one. This is some what an ultimate solution to the problems regarding the drivers. Actually the drivers for Laserjet 4200, can be made available through the Windows Updates. Try it.
    I do not think what you just mentioned is really going to work. I had already tried this when was facing the similar problem with some other printer model of HP. I ran the Windows Updated and it said "Windows can't find a driver for HP Printer on the network. To locate one manually click OK. Otherwise click cancel and consult your network administrator or the printer manufacturers website." What in the world I could have done, clicked OK, but failed to find one manually. I had also given the try to Universal Printer Driver, but it also did not stand up to the imagination. What could you suggest now?

I was in complete agreement with the solution that T.J. gave. The Windows update have the drivers for the Laserjet 4200. However if you all are not finding success with the Windows Updates, then there is an alternate solution that might work. Try for downloading the Compatible Software for the HP printer from the Windows 7 Compatibility Center and if you do not find this then Click Here

I was also having the same problem but I think I have many comments and solutions before posting mine. The problem is same, why can not HP and Windows 7 come to one ground and discuss this issue out. They are not only troubling there customers, but by doing this they are also keeping there name on tip of the knife. I will try all the above solutions and see if they worked. Thanks in advance.

Really thanks to all the members of this forum. Now at least I have something to try, and also some lively people who can guide me if I go somewhere wrong while doing this. I will try all the above solutions and hope to post soon with success. Thanks a lot again.