Thread: Problems Printing With HP C4780 from MAc

Problems Printing With HP C4780 from MAc

I have computer with OS MAC 10.6.3 and HP C4780 printer. I have a picture of size 4x6 and want to print it out. But my problem is that whenever I try to print it out, I get a little zoom on the original picture. Sometimes I found that the borders are cut. I tried to print the picture in A4 size but the picture comes slight bigger then 4x6.

I tried many things but when I connected the same printer to my old PC with Windows XP running, it gives the perfect printout with picture of size 4x6.

So I think this is the problem with the version of OS Mac 10.6.3 or it may be because of driver.

Does anyone has the same problem and knew any solution then please post your suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Re: Problems Printing With HP C4780 from MAc

We need an application to print any image or anything. There can also be problem with your printing application. What application you are using to print the image out ? You can change the application with any other and see the result.

I tried from several application. I used Lightroom and tried to print jpg picture directly from program of HP. But if the same photo which I printed on my new PC withMAc, I try to print on my old PC with XP and the same printer then I get the picture of the same size and the resolution.

You need to scale the picture according to your needs before printing the paper. There are a lot of options available in the options available in the paper handling menu. There are various settings like paper size, margin, fit paper size etc. Have you seen these options under Paper handling menu. If not then go through it and set the attributes of printout.

I think that Apple's Time Capsule WiFi server does not support high-resolution WiFi on the C4780 printing. The printing process is too slow. That means the printing process is timed out before the whole picture gets printed. This thing is true for all the macs in household which are running under Leopard 10.5.8. Which are running under latest drivers.

Hey, I have the similar problem as posted above. I get different Image from the original image in terms of size and sometimes it goes out of frame. There is no problem with color or anything. everything is fine except the size of the photo.

The only difference is I am using I am printing the image wirelassly from an iMAC. Usually I get one tenth of picture and after that it stops printing.

Some fraction of the printing process is completed before the time out. Time out is nothing but a limited time allocated to the printer and normally it completes its task of printing within this time. If it goes out of time then it aborts the process.

You can connect a USB cable to solve this problem but this makes your WiFi totally useless.