Thread: Windows 7 and HP 2840 Network Scan driver

Windows 7 and HP 2840 Network Scan driver

For network scanner right now I am using HP2840 Color Laserjet All in one Printer. The only problem that I am facing with stuff is that I do not have drivers for the same. I have even searched for the drivers all around the HP's and Window's site but was unsuccessful. One thing that I read on the HP site was something related to additional network scan driver. However I cannot find anything like that. If anyone has come across it then please help. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 and HP 2840 Network Scan driver

I am also facing the same problem with the HP Printer. I think that you all are aware of the fact that the HP 2840 requires a sound investment. I am using Windows 7 on my system and the day I updated to it, the printer started to cause the problems. Please provide proper drivers, so that all the functionality of it can be used well. I am also hoping for Windows 7 to turn up with the driver, but if there something that you all can give it will be a better option till they turn up.

I have given up waiting for the drivers to turn up from the either side(either HP or Windows 7). It has been too long waiting. There had been many occasions where they mentioned the date for the solutions for this, but they did not turn up with it at that time. It is really pathetic indeed. I understand that Windows 7, like any new software, poses functionality challenges for companies. At the same time it is the responsibility of HP to provide the most suitable fix for the same or at least make an acknowledgment of the problem. Now I am bit confused of who should be blamed for this actually, HP or Microsoft.

Why didn't you ask HP for the help in this matter. I did ask them and they replied me with this, and to my imagination it worked. So, you all can also have a clear look at this:
    • First of all uninstall all HP Programs.
    • Now go to Util.
    • Then toCCC.
    • In CCC copy two files viz. scrubber .exe and scrubber .ini and save it somewhere on the drive.
    • Now go to HP Software and see for hpzsetup file, there make changes in the properties and set the compatibility mode to VISTA.
    • You will have to do the same with HPZstub and HPsetup.
    • Now double click on HPsetup in order to start the software.
    • Let the software get installed.
    • When asked for Actuation, just hit NO.

It really works great with Windows 7 32-bit version. Hope to do the same for you.

I also went to the HP tech-support and they told me try this on my own risk, and I will also suggest the same for all of you here for the solutions. The printer, scanner and fax is running well in Windows 7 32-bit. They clearly asked me to go for the HP drivers for Vista. So, I downloaded and tried installing latest clean printer driver. After this I downloaded latest firmware for Vista. unpacked it and set it to compatibility mode. Now while running the install an error might pop up advising to change install. Now this will allow the printer and scanner to go up. Hope this works.

Here with the solution for Windows 7 64-bit. Install Windows Virtual PC XP Mode. Now start the virtual XP mode and install HP laserjet 2840 software for Microsoft Windows XP. If it is a network printer- unplug it during installation, then plug it in when right before the computer searches for it on the network. If the software can not find the printer then turn off firewalls,unplug then plug back in. Now restart the Computer. Then go to Start Menu then All Programs, then Windows Virtual PC, then Windows XP Mode Applications. Other software such as Omnipage in XP mode acn also be tried. Hope that this will work fine.

network scanner are the drivers when you connect with group work printing, so, such settings or drivers will be come with the pcl or postscript and for new font and panels setting with go with firmware software's, as these latest drivers will improve your printer feasibility and functionality.