Thread: Earphone Cable Jack repairs

Earphone Cable Jack repairs

I have many damaged cable for my SF5Pros in my draw and the one I am using is also started showing symptoms of errors. I think the problem is with the design of the jack. It causes to stop one channel of audio when in a particular position.

If anyone can tell me that where would I go to repair or replace my jack? I know that I can do it on myself But I must tell you that I am not very good in soldering. And this time I need a good quality of jack, please suggest me.
    Last edited by Atakapa; 07-09-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Re: Earphone Cable Jack repairs

It is too difficult to repair the jack end of the headphone because whenever you want to repair it and put the soldering iron near to the jack then it melts the plastic part of the jack. Therefore I have stopped repairing the defected jacks and ordered a new one from eBay. I found that ordering a new jack is easier then to repair the old one. Its up to you.

Honestly speaking that I don't have any idea that how many jacks I have changed from last 6 to 9 months. I think some points may help us which I have started very lately. Storing then in a metal case which comes with it, not connecting it always to the ipod when not needed. not using them when we are walking and it is in our pocket.

Friends,

I can feel your pain. I am also suffering from this. I am using a Y connector but it also fails. The only think that I can suggest you is to stay away from UE because I have seen this problem in mostly in UE. There are many other brands available in the market. You can go for it.

If you buy any branded jack from any shop then they will give you some warranty. If you are having problem with your jack then see to it if it is in warranty period. If it is in warranty then why are you going to repair that. you can go to the shop and ask for replacement.

Why are you purchasing a ready made jack, you can make your own cable. You just have to select the component you want according to your choice and budget. After that take it to any person who can sold it. Any mod chip guy can do this small soldering job for you. and you will get the jack of your choice.