Thread: Scanning with wireless J6450 does not work with Windows 7

Scanning with wireless J6450 does not work with Windows 7

I have upgraded the system that I am using for my computer system; in short I have upgraded the system from windows vista to windows 7 everything is working fine except my wireless scanner. But this was not the problem when I was using windows vista and windows XP. I am using HP J6450 scanner. I think I have tried everything that I know but this thing is not working. Can you suggest anything so that this HP J6450 starts working?

Re: Scanning with wireless J6450 does not work with Windows 7

I think I am also facing similar problem recently I have got this HP Photosmart J6450. After a long back-and-forth during setup, I can now print via WiFi. Unfortunately, the scan does not have wifi! Does anyone here have the same problem? Can anyone help me please? If anybody has any related solution for the problem then let me know about that.

The printer is physically at times does nothing, but should just work on my wireless! Print is flat, while scanning apparently lacks the know-how! As soon as I want to scan, I get an error message like "device could not be found". I do not understand why I am getting this error; this printer should work in wireless mode also because it is mean for that.

Drivers and software from HP for this device are all installed for the desired function on the windows 7is also supported. Usually goes something like so only under Windows. Now I am not getting why this thing is not working for. First I thought that the problem is related to scanner that I am having but after seeing that other are also facing similar problem then I am confident that this is not the hardware problem but the problem related to windows 7.

Currently I am having two laptops and that are on a wifi-router network. Now is still a so-called multi-functioning is great (printer and scanner in a USB - connection) be used by both laptops, this device can, however, are only available with a notebook that is not always in operation. A cable connection between the notebooks is not possible. How the printer and scanner access can be found?

Discussions on the controller and the scanner over the network have access to have followed on several occasions. The question was usually, like a scanner could be released. The discussion result was for equipment in the SOHO area having been negative. For me, Windows is not aware of it. Someone once told of a possibility with Linux without going into details. If such option is urgently needed, should be thoroughly researched before the manufacturers.