Thread: C6380 Wireless Connection Issues

C6380 Wireless Connection Issues

Recently I bought HP C6380 printer. I installed the printer driver and print the things without any problem. I turn off the printer again after few times again turned on the printer and tried to print the things but I can’t print that. I reinstalled that and it lets me to the first step again.

I called the HP support for the issue, they told me to configure Norton to allow the ports used for printer. But the problem is that I don’t know which port and where do I find those port for Norton firewall. Please help.

Re: C6380 Wireless Connection Issues

Your printer and router should be connected solidly check for the connection. You should also check for the printer setting and IP address and Host name, they should match those on your router connection. Your antivirus may be blocking or does not allow the printer to connect. Just check for that. All these are precaution that should be taken care to make your wireless connection work properly.

First of all let us set a non changing IP address for the printer because every time when we start the printer it should be issued the same IP address by the router.

• First of all print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note down the printers IP Address.
    • Now type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
    • Now choose the networking tab from the tab pane.
    • You have to set a manual IP address. Like 192.168.0.200 (The maximum number should be 254)
    • You can use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet.
    • Keep the gateway and and DNS blank.
    • Click on apply

Now shutdown the router printer and after waiting for few minutes start the printer. After this you might need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address. Now see the problem is gone or not.

You should check whether your printer detects your wireless router. If there is not any small screen you have to plug it into your PC via USB. If it has a small screen it should recognize any wireless router within the range. If it does not connect to router then make sure that your router is configured to connect all the devices not just your PC. Your router should also broadcast its address publicly.

After you have installed your printer on the computer then you have to Share it to use. To do this open printer and Faxes folder on the computer. To do this follow the steps below.

• Click on start and then click on Control Panel.
    • Click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Printers and Faxes.
    • In the Printers and Faxes folder, click the printer's icon and click on share this printer in the tasks pane.
    • Now open the printer's Properties dialog box, and clicked on the Sharing tab.
    • Click on Share Name and then clicked OK.

After doing this your printer will be available to computer use.

To connect to the printer to your computer you just have to folloe the following simple steps.
    • opened Control Panel, and clicked Printers and Other Hardware.
    • clicked Add a Printer to add a new printer.
    • Instead of adding a local printer, click on Printer Connection and then browsed the network for the printer.