Thread: X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series VS ATI 5770

X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series VS ATI 5770

I have encompass a 5.1 system by means of HDMI and presently I simply get 2 channels as I utilize DVI-->HDMI. I have been out of the loop when it comes to system audio for a number of time. I would similar to get 8 channel HDMI audio for movies, etc exclusive of using DTS or DD. In addition surround sound for games without working with a crap load of analog cables. What determine to I lose by going from a X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro sequence + GTX 280 to an ATI 5770 graphics card, audio judicious. I approximating the idea of getting digital 7.1 / 5.1 audio for my movies (blu - ray / blu- ray rips) exclusive of resorting to encoding DTS or DD over SPDIF. In addition surround sound for games. (Of course using DD or DTS isn't even an alternative for games.

Re: X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series VS ATI 5770

Perhaps I am supposed to have comprised and asked this one: be able to the Sound blaster output in intemperance of the 5770's HDMI 7.1 channel audio. That method I be able to get appropriate surround sound using HDMI audio additional than the sound blaster's tranquil doing the dispensation. Determine to I tranquil be capable to bitstream DTS-HD / TrueHD this method. I have been wondering regarding this and did a diminutive research; I imagine the ATi cards have comprise a Realtek HD audio chip onboard and it looks similar to it might be capable to bitstream if you encompass the appropriate drivers.

Yes, I am familiar with regarding the bitstreaming, the query is be able to it do it by means of WMP, WMC, ffdshow, PowerDVD. Or determine to it necessitate a "special" description of PowerDVD or incredible. Thing is, I do not care much for bitstreaming to any further extent as I utilize AAC in my BD rips; sounds immediately as superior, 1/10th the space. I desire the card to be capable to output 7.1 channels LPCM audio commencing AAC (in .mkv) in 96khz, 48khz and 32-bit floating point or no matter what I encoded it. Be able to it bitstream a DTS-HD track in a .mkv.

So far the merely players I be familiar with do MKV are TMT3, MPC, and VLC. So, the contract is that MPC and VLC I imagine be able to play True-HD additional than not DTS-HD Master. In addition, I imagine they be able to simply play when the audio is in a .ts file, and it determine to decode it, not bit-stream it. That's what it was a smallest amount, a small number of months back when I was in the entire audio deal. Regarding TMT3, it's a great player, additional than it sucks by means of MKV files. It plays a lot of them, additional than in addition a lot of them fail. I am not certain what are the necessities for it to work. And no, TMT3 would not bit-stream True-HD nor DTS-HD Master unless the audio comes unswervingly from a disk, not a rip, even if it's .ts.

At present, as far as audio superiority, it actually depends on what you desire to hear. I have comprised an X-Fi XtremeMusic (the model not including digital out) and a Onkyo 606 immediately similar to you. For music, I similar to send the audio digitally to the receiver using my onboard audio, and then let the beneficiary be appropriate Audyssey, and plays it as the entire Channel Stereo (Prologic IIx Music works great too, sometimes). On the other hand, if you play games that take benefit of EAX 5.0 HD, then you might desire to stick by means of the X-Fi for that. I used at a number of point the ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe, which permits 7.1 LPCM, additional than it's immediately not the similar. Certain, Audyssey makes the whole thing sound additional clear and dynamic, additional than you lose that 3D feel that the X-FI gives. It's hard to give explanation.

I determine to almost certainly go Fermi subsequent to the first round of "hot deals." How be supposed to I factor this into my judgment. Is there a presentation loss going from the X-Fi to the ATI. I am presumptuous the ATI is a "software" audio explanation, at the same time as the X-FI is "hardware.' What consequence be able to I expect as far as presentation. I be familiar with the X-Fi fundamentally upconverts the whole thing to 96/24. It determine to games create appropriate utilize of 6 / 8 channel surround audio on the HDMI digital out (LPCM). I mean, this $100 Soundblaser card by means of ~50 million transister X-Fi chip has to be doing something helpful, at the same time as the 5770 would not be doing several audio processing.

If I were you, I would rip the movies the entire in excess of again by means of DTS audio as an alternative. It's so much well-matched, and the sound superiority is great. That technique you be able to maintain using that X-Fi, and have comprise the digital audio + Audyssey for movies and music, and encompass games by means of EAX. Hell, you do not even encompass to rip the complete movie, immediately the audio. There are tools out there that let you amalgamate audio tracks in MKV files, without touching the video. I individually similar to DD and DTS superior for the reason that some tracks are encoded as DD-EX or DTS-ES, which is 6.1 (X-Men Last Stand). By means of a regular receiver, or if you re-encode it to AAC, you determine to merely get 5.1. The simply method to get that 6.1 is to decode it using the appropriate decoder, and thankfully the Onkyo 606 supports together.